“Not to be missed”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you have got to oman, hired a car, packed your hiking shoes and swimsuit and found the car park by following advice from other trip advisors here, then you are probably adventurous enough to enjoy this. It's not a heavy duty trek but its also not for those who are a bit awkward on their feet or uncomfortable with the unknown. I wouldn't take my mother, my neice or some of my friends because they would find it hard and that would get in the way of the enjoyment of the walk and what you get at the end. Parts of the walk have paths you can easily spot, others are just a scramble through boulders and thats mainly due to a couple of episodes of bery heavy weather that have washed away some of the route that was built to make it easier to pass. so now its a bit back to the wild, which many people will prefer! It was a brilliant day, the best or our three days there. When we got to the pools, we were worried about leaving our bags behind as you really do have to swim, you can't wade through with them above your head. We had taken passport, camera, money etc.. We agreed with another couple to take turns visiting the pools. If I went again I would just go with water and a small towel (and a waterproof camera!!) and leave everything else in the car. It really is worth the swim.. There were people asking how it was, was it safe, did you have to go underwater.. Some didn't do the final swim into the cave because they were too nervous. It's understandable as the space you go through is small.. Whilst there was airspace (we didnt have to swim under water) when we did it, I guess water levels might changed. We both went into the cave and I am so glad we did. The walk and the end experience is lovely. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Blackgeoffrey

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“very nice adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

its upnormal adventure between mountains.try to wear comfortable sport shoes and long slaves to be safe from any flying insect

Milan, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice Wadi, withour going crazy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Wadi is beautiful, but nothing really amazing. The upper part (1h walk) has a very tight canyon where you need to swim to get to a small (yet very well "marketed") waterfalls...
Nice if you have half a day to rest...

1 Thank NicolaAntonucci
Muscat, Oman
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“An Indiana Jones adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

During all the walk in Wadi Shab you will fell like being a character of an Indiana Jones!
The roads are very narrow and yet so wonderful to see and to experience. The landscape are just magnificient and the mountains are very steeps and just wonderful to see and to experience. But it is not just the mountains even the palm trees they are in all the walking track of the Wadi! The water colour is something else, as I noticed 2 -3 different colors during the entire walk.
If you ever feel tired don’t stop, just relax for a while and continue later as the pool at the end of the walk is worth the trip. However I have to admit that the guide was quite patient with us as we are not experienced tracker and he was keen on choosing the shortest and simplest way among the rocks and this made our walk easier and more enjoyable.
Once you reach the pool, be prepared for a nice swim that will take you to the inner cave where I am really speechless about the beauty of the place.
We were always encouraged by Mohamad our guide to continue the track and it is worth it. I would recommend to call him if you like to visit Wadi Shab as he is quite knowledgeable and he can combine this tour to some other like the Sink whole or Sad wadi Theqa! What I liked as well that I did not have to translate the information to my other French friends as he can provide the tour in French!
His phone nbr is +968 9719 7774 and his e-mail is : mohamed.albalushi@gmail.com

1 Thank ZeinaA_11
Sharjah-UAE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wadi Shab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have lived and worked in Sur the nearby town and had been to Wadi shab 7 years back, not much has changed since then.Wadi Shab is a lovely place to those who love trekking and some adventure for the rest it is a definite no go. Below
1) Don’t be misguided by the wadi shab sign board as you approach the destination ,i was and went off road for about 2 Kms.As you come from Muscat you will see the brown signboards, forget those and watch out the newly placed blue signboards.
2) Dress up properly, light cotton,sunlotions,hat and proper sports shoes are a must as you need maneuver certain tricky spots.no flip-flops please.
3) Plan your trip accordingly ,it is true that there are no worth places to eat in the immediate vicinity but if you drive for 40 Kms towards Sur town,there are adequate amount of restaurants over there .
4) Make sure you stay overnight in Sur to have to see Ras-Al Had the turtle breeding/nesting beaches.
5) to conclude,start early morning from muscat and reach wadi shab around 8.30/9.00 am so that you are ready for your lunch in Sur town by noon .it takes 1 hour for an average fit person to reach the final water falls.i made it in 1 hour carrying my 3 year old daughter .

Visited December 2012