Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,529 results
All reviews silk road restaurant saffron restaurant beach bar all inclusive package beautiful beach kids club great holiday main restaurant khareef season indian ocean white sand sea view special thanks visit salalah cluster oman bravo
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly and helpful staff, always ready to answer our needs. Rather calm, entertainment was up to us - we have chosen this hotel specifically for relaxing atmosphere. Possibility to walk along the sea on the endless sandy beach. Spacious room, always kept clean. Is good to reserve sea view room (our preference). Our rooms had large terrace. Food very good for us - a lot of vegetable variations, well prepared meat. We would welcome more fishes and sea foods (except specialized dinner for extra money).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
SalalahRotanaResort, General Manager at Salalah Rotana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Boris L,

Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor your excellent experience spent at Salalah Rotana Resort for the second time.

It is always a delight to read inspiring feedback from loyal and satisfied guests like you. We are happy that our team was able to accommodate you with all your expectations and again you had felt the comfort here during your vacation. At the same time, we have noted your comment to have more fishes and sea foods to the buffet.

Thanks again for the enthusiastic comment and your applause to hotel staff. We all look forward to welcoming you and your partner back, hopefully soon and it is always our pleasure to be at your service again and again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very good place, big and long beach, a lot of trees/palms,good place to swim in ocean, you can rent a bike and make a trip, friendly staff, food for everyone, I will come back soon with my whole family

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank marekzieleniewski

Dear marekzieleniewski,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your eye-catching review on TripAdvisor following your family holiday spent at Salalah Rotana Resort.

We are so thrilled to read your awesome testimony with regard to your wonderful stay with us. We are glad to hear also your liking to our facilities and services.

It is more inspiring to note your acknowledgment to our friendly staff. A big thank you for your affirmation that you will come back soon along with your whole family.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back and hope we can serve you exceedingly on your next visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

I have already explained my feedback in previous page. I am a happy customer and I would love to come to the hotel next year again. I highly recommend to extra pay for Rotana Club. It is worth it because I cane compare with previous year.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear martinbW5314FE,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your holiday spent at Salalah Rotana Resort all the way from Kosice, Slovakia.

I was so pleased to read that you were truly satisfied during your recent stay with us and would love to come back next year and to book the Club Rotana Package, where you will have again the Private Check in, VIP amenities upon arrival in the room, lavish breakfast buffet at Club Rotana dining venue, access to VIP, Laguna Beach exclusive service to Club Rotana guests and so on.

All of us look forward to your return, along with your partner and it is always our pleasure to be at your service.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Everything was bad about this from the start. First, we read reviews that the hotel frequently overbooks and either changes room types on you at check-in or even in some cases, sends you to another hotel (at your expense!). With a strict cancellation policy, they win (taking your money) and prisoning you to their incompetence. I tried to cancel BEFORE my trip and they refused. Second, we arrived - guess what - our room was not available. After making us wait for an hour, they gave us a room which was not what we had requested. They told me multiple stories about why this is - lie, lie, lie. They lied about Expedia/Hotels.com sending the wrong room type, then that my booking was incorrect (which I showed them what I booked, and the confirmation, etc - which was exactly what I had booked, contrary to their BS). Then they made more excuses (lies) - Expedia did it, their system didn't update properly, they ran out of rooms, blah blah blah. After working in online travel for almost a decade, I knew exactly what they were doing. They were lying, which - for someone who is usually zen af - made me livid. Not only did they try and excuse their own incompetence, they're lying to me because they probably think I'm another tourist idiot who will believe them. Not only is that insulting, it's unprofessional. Third, it's badly managed with broken processes. Can't order drinks except for certain times, if you're not all inclusive you're pretty much treated like dirt or ignored, beach bar opens at 10am, so if you're thirsty for water - be prepared to walk. WiFi is so slow it's embarrassing, the list goes on.
It's a 5 star, beautiful resort located on a stunning beach - with 3 star processes and 1 star management. We eventually got refunded for 3 nights out of 4 after staying there for one night, thanks to hotels.com - the resort did not want to refund us but hotels.com were nice to get it approved and we left. The most painful part of the experience was paying eye watering prices for their all you can eat buffet, which is fractionally better than a microwave meal. I stay in hotels 90-120 days a year, I work hard for my money and I know what good looks like. It really, really hurt to part with my money to pay for such a rip off. Some people may love this place, but if you have any taste, class or appreciate the value of where you spend your money - you will hate this place. Go spend a little more and star at the Anantara down the road, which is 12/10 - one of the best resorts I've ever been to (this isn't a sponsored review - that's the truth!).

Room tip: Don't bother!
Date of stay: January 2020
SalalahRotanaResort, General Manager at Salalah Rotana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Roam91623,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on TripAdvisor.

While carefully your comments, it is so sad to learn that we were not able to satisfy fully all your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology if one way or another we did not meet the standard of service you required.
Whilst huge number of our guests have been very happy, satisfied and they are coming back as you can also read from many reviews, it was unfortunate if that has not been the case in your situation and you therefore rated us with 1 star. We have noted as well that you have only one TripAdvisor review and we were the first hotel you have rated. Further, we are unsure why you need to mention that your review is not a sponsored review.

I remain at your entire disposal, should I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed January 9, 2020

I stayed in this hotel from 23 Dec, 26 Dec. The hotel absolutely far from the city with Taxis charging around 35/40 USD per trip. If you are unlike and you want to eat at facility the prices for basic food is around 37 USD equivalent for a meal. The rooms are just basic sandy floor.

With all of that the hotel has a management that are from hell. Customer service is zero. If you ask for another for the reception is chargeable. I will not recommend anybody to stay there especially families.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 226shs,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We highly appreciated and valued receiving comments from our guests whether it is positive or for improvement. We are dedicated to ensuring that our guests leave satisfied with their experiences at Salalah Rotana Resort.

It is sad to read that we were not able to fully satisfy all your expectations. Whilst huge number of our guests have been very happy with the overall services of the hotel, it was unfortunate if that has not been the case in your situation. We have so many guests staying with us for more than 10 days and many of them are coming back many times which can be read from many of their reviews.

We would like to cite here that taxis rate from airport to our hotel and vice versa is fixed by local government and it is a uniform tariff charged by all local taxis here in Salalah.

With regards to our prices, we can assure you that all our prices are at par in comparison to the same hotel category in the city of Salalah and Muscat.

As a team, we strive to provide the best possible experience for our guests and hopefully we can serve you better on your next visit. Our continuing goal is to make all our guests happy and comfortable like they are in their own home and truly treasure their time being spent with us.

I remain at your entire disposal, should I can be of any further assistance.