Just came back from a pre-Eid vacation to the Hilton Salalah with family. It might be appropriate to point out that I am a Hhonors Diamond member just to give context to the experience.
The communication prior to arrival was good and they promptly upgraded us to a grand suite. The airport pick and drop was also on time and was smooth.
The good points:
Great weather and a laid back relaxed resort
Comfy and spacious rooms
Friendly staff and no attitude. The front desk manager was especially helpful and promptly replied to all email requests, checked up on how we were doing when there and kept in touch throughout
Good breakfast in the main restaurant
Surprisingly good gym for a smaller Hilton
Not too expensive and good value for money
Nice views of the Sea
Good pool area
What could be better:
Staff - Not all of the staff are as up to date on the key happenings e.g. which restaurant is open at what time, whats the event for the day etc. In my experience, it was better to go to the restaurant and the like, and ask directly
Internet - Yes, as a Diamond member I get free internet however its only wired internet in the room. No WiFi except in few areas of the hotel which means that to use your smart phone and not pay a lot, you need to walk frequently to the cafe
Restaurants - I realize that we went during Ramadan but there werent many choices for eating out. The Palm grove only opened during our last day there
Misc - When we arrived at the hotel for check in late at night, there was only one person on duty on the front desk and no one at concierge desk. This meant unloading our bags ourselves and bringing them to the lobby which is a chore after a long trip
All in all, it was an enjoyable stay.
I can't say the same for Oman Air though. Be mindful that if you take the Dubai - Muscat - Salalah route, your baggage WONT be checked through. You will need to collect bags, check in again and go through immigration so keep some time during connection for that. On the way back, its straightforward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Salalah Resort is a relaxing retreat, surrounded by vibrant bougainvilleas and lush palm groves. This beachfront Salalah hotel is set amidst landscaped gardens and all of the Salalah hotel rooms and suites offer tranquil views of the Indian Ocean and Arabian Sea, as well as the dramatic Dhofar mountain range. Relax by the Hilton Salalah Resort's freeform pool overlooking the white-sandy beach, browse the shopping arcade, work out in the gym or unwind in 6 restaurants and bars at this Salalah hotel. Dine on fresh seafood at Palm Grove Restaurant or enjoy authentic Arabic Cuisine at Al Maha Restaurant. Sip your favorite cocktails in Sea Breeze Bar, located on the stunning beachfront, or treat yourself at Sheba's Steak House with premium steaks, flavorful sauces and matching wines. Pamper yourself with an outdoor massage in one of the Caribbean style beach pavilions at this Salalah hotel, entertain the kids in the playground or enjoy a day sightseeing and visit the Old Souk, the Bird Sanctuary or follow the Frankincense trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Salalah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Salalah Hotel Salalah
- Hilton International Salalah