Hilton Salalah
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Salalah
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Here's the thing about this place.

Other than the beautiful gardens, pool and views, the luxurious, clean and very spacious rooms, and great food.

The staff is what makes Salalah's Hilton such a beautiful hotel.

I made my reservation online through a website for a discounted rate, for 5 nights. A problem with my flight meant that I arrived 1 day later than planned. Upon my arrival, the receptionist noticed that and decided not to charge me for the missed night.

I didn't even ask for it as I know it is not usually possible to do so when the booking has been made through an agent.

A hotel with such high standards will never fail to impress on other fronts.

My stay was nothing short of magical, I'll return one day.

• Stayed: April 2012
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Aziz90, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort, Sultanate of Oman and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standard. We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team. Your positive scores about the overall satisfaction have been noted and shared with the team members (it really makes everyone so happy:-). Please feel free to contact me personally for the next visit while I ensure you that the team and I will do the utmost to accommodate all of your requests and preferences. Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.
On behalf of
Nader Halim
nader.halim@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I decided to take our honeymoon to a unique destination and decided on Salalah, Oman. We stayed at the Hilton and there could not have been a better decision. The hotel itself was in great condition and located on a HUGE beach...also had some nice pools to cool off in with plenty of great dining options onsite. The Palm Grove Restaurant was perfect for a burger and pizza was just the thing we were looking for to kill our afternoon cravings...and the next evening went there for a nice steak dinner. They also just opened a "Sea Breeze" bar that had some very comfortable lounge chairs and when the drink I wanted was not available at that bar, the staff went to the other side of the hotel to get it for me....that is the service that seems to elude us at many other hotels. One night we got back late to the hotel and needed to order some room service....it was delivered in less than 15 minutes and was delicious (go for the triple-decker club sandwich!!). The next morning the Al Maha was what you would expected from a breakfast buffet...plenty of tasty options to choose from and I loved the different fresh juices.

We opted for the 'romantic dinner on the beach' one night and was served a 7 course meal that was probably in my top 5 meals of all time...absolutely to die for!! I had freshly-caught Omani lobster while my wife had the seared red snapper...yum!!

The night life had a cool atmosphere as well. Whispers Bar had live music and dancing with TVs to watch the soccer matches going on...great for socializing with other westerners. Checkers Bar was nice to hang out with the local Omanis who were just as interested in talking with us as we were with them.

The room was spacious and mini-bar well-stocked. The beds made us fall asleep instantly. Air conditioning worked well. Showers had great water pressure. The view from my room (suite room 301) overlooked the courtyard entry to the pool area and the beach in the distance...it had a palm tree in front of it so it also gave a little privacy that allowed us to keep the windows open at times.

The health club was nice enough to help burn off a few calories...and my wife saw that they offered massages as well. I upgraded her to the massage on the beach....she thoroughly enjoyed it.

Front desk we very helpful as well...ask about excursions for desert safaris and camping, visiting Job's Tomb, and don't miss the Frankincense Trail. Hanging out in the lobby is quite an experience as well...the dome-shape warps sounds and you can hears everyone's conversations!! Fun!!

I think my wife and I will definitely consider going back for a 5 year anniversary....

1  Thank Andrew H
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Andrew : Many thanks for your constructive feedback and for giving us the chance to know about your experience. Pleased to learn about your satisfaction. Your comment as one of our most valuable guests is very much appreciated! Rest assured that myself and the hotel team will continue providing the excellent service which will keep you and your good family loyal to our company. Wish you very nice day!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel is little tired in some public areas the rooms were great ...beautiful view of the beach we had a grand suite which was very spacious ..all the staff were lovely friendly helpful and efficient it was a perfect location on the beach a great break ..although it says 5 star you can tell from the price that its not but well worth the price I thought one negative was the spa they advertised beach massage but we were unable to get appointments on 2occasions but never saw the massage bales in use ...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear laneyelf, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort, Sultanate of Oman and for taking the time to write to us. I would like to start my reply with an appreciation note for the constructive feedback and pointing to the good things which you have experienced in our resort. Kindly be acknowledged that your comments regarding the outdoor massage booking are noted and will be communicated with the concerned department. Please feel free to contact me personally for the next visit while I ensure you that the team and I will do the utmost to accommodate all of your requests and preferences. Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.
On behalf of
Nader Halim
nader.halim@hilton.com

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for six days and we liked so much, it's a relaxing place. The check in was smooth and we had a nice, clean and spacious room. The hotel staff is attentive and extremely service. The breakfast was awesome, has all you can imagine. The pool area is nice, the sandy beach in front of the Hotel has lots of sun beds. Certainly I would return there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Many thanks for your constructive feedback and for giving us the chance to know about your experience. Pleased to learn about your satisfaction with your stay and looking forwarded to welcoming you back to our resort Till then, wish you and your good family all the best.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a great hotel for those on holiday as well as those on business except for the wifi, which was supposed to be available but I never discovered where, despite cruising all around the hotel with my ipad held out in front of me like a sad, techno-water diviner, and the free-to-use computers in the coffee shop were always available which, I think, is a bit of a give away.
But that aside, a wonderful, relaxing place. Try the restaurant behind the pool bar, overlooking the ocean, good value (by Oman hotel standards) and delicious (by any standards) for informal dining. Watch out for the odd sneaky mosquito in the evenings though. Staff are all friendly and attentive. Hotel is clean and the rooms are comfortable. The ocean skyline is rather dominated by Salalah Port but no sign of any sailors, not on this trip anyway.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear PI100, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort, Sultanate of Oman and for taking the time to write to us. I would like to start my reply with an appreciation note for the constructive feedback and pointing to the good things which you have experienced in our resort. Kindly be acknowledged that your comments regarding the Wi-Fi are noted and will be communicated with the concerned department. Please feel free to contact me personally for the next visit while I ensure you that the team and I will do the utmost to accommodate all of your requests and preferences. Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I ended up at the Hilton Salalah virtually by accident, and was so glad I did. The hotel has the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at any hotel, and the overall atmosphere is calm and refined - it was so easy to relax here. My room was large and in wonderful condition, and I really enjoyed the quiet at the pool area - the hotel doesn't pipe in any distracting music. The view of the harbor is less than wonderful, but the beach is still nice and the atmosphere so welcoming that it ended up not mattering. There are three things I would improve: my room tended not to be made up until the late afternoon, the men's locker room in the spa (especially the showers) needs serious upgrading and cleaning, and the massage therapists at the spa were not very friendly and not very good. Nevertheless, I have already booked a week's return visit, and coming to the Salalah Hilton may become a tradition for me - it looks like the hotel has many return visitors.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear CRoberts1, Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort, Sultanate of Oman and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standard. We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team . Kindly be acknowledged that your comments are noted and will be seriously considered and communicated with the concerned department for the required actions. Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.
Kind regard , Soumaya Ben Ali Executive Secretary Hilton Salalah Resort soumaya.benali@hilton.com

Reviewed February 19, 2013

On arrival at Salalah Airport expecting to be met by the Hilton shuttle bus, but it did not arrive.
This could have been due to the flight being delayed for one and a half hours,but I would have thought that the Hilton guys should have checked this.however, all the other hotels seemed to have met the flight.
In the end had to take a taxi which the Hilton paid for.
Apart from this hiccup,hotel was very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful, and the food was excellent.
Would go again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secreatary at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear ashbury14, I would like to start my reply with an appreciation note for the constructive and detailed feedback and pointing to the good things which you have experienced in our resort. Meantime, please accept my apology for the transportation incident. Rest assured that the management has seriously taking your valuable comment into consideration for the immediate action. Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.
Best regards Soumaya Ben Ali Executive Secretary Hilton Salalah Resort