“Experiencing staying at the Hilton Salalah.”
Review of Hilton Salalah

Hilton Salalah
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Salalah
Reviewed August 5, 2012

As frequent stayers at the Hilton Salalah we would like to share our view of the hotel. We always feel at home when ever we stay in Salalah. We are always remembered and are always warmly welcomed back. The staff at the Salalah Hilton are proffesional polite and at all times helpful.
We believe this is due to the leadership skills of the general manager Mr Klaus Schack, We anticipate that the the Hilton Salalah in the future will maintain this level of customer satisfaction. We say this on the basis that we are aware that the hotel will be soon be under new management.We are looking forward to many more enjoyable experiences at Salalah when staying at the Hilton.
We would like to wish Mr Schack and his family all the best for the future.

Lynda / Derek Ashworth

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda A
haitham_elbehairy, Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Mr.Ashworth

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort, Sultanate of Oman and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standard.

We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team. Your nice comment about the hotel has been noted and shared with the team members (it really makes every one so happy and proud of our GM-Klaus-:-)

It is only through such comments received from our esteemed guests- like your good self - we can improve our day to day operation and ensure the preeminent services.

00968 23211 234

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Well it is the Hilton after all!The rooms are great. the reception is great the staff are great. What more can I say Well the food is pretty good to the only exception is the scrambled eggs and baked beans at breakfast could be a bit hotter. You should try the steak restaurant it was really good one of the best steaks I have had for a long time. I would stay here again no problem.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem good to me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank daves_b4
haitham_elbehairy, Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Sir/Madame

We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team. Your nice comment about the overall serivce has been noted and shared with the team members (it really makes every one so happy:-)

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Salalah Resort 'Your Home Away From Home' whilst I will be more than delighted to be in direct contact with you to handle your next visit, rest assured that the team and I will spare no efforts to make it a memorable stay

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Luxury on the Salalah coast. It was on the coast when I goggled. I did not realize that one boundry of the hotel was ocean. It was great view the next morning.

Nice hotel. Excellent and Big rooms. Comfy bed had a sound sleep/rest during business. The breakfast area/lounge was great open air to enjoy the fresh mornings. The do VERY GOOD after service also. My finance team miss placed the bill. I could get a duplicate scan copy within 24hrs after 3/4months of stay. Great location to do business & I am planning for a vacation here again.

Room Tip: look for the ocean view rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Mouli_Prabha

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Hilton is a very comfortable hotel, spacious and well decorated, everything is well kept, clean and you get a sense of "everything is ready for you to enjoy".

The hotel staff is probably one of the most courteous and friendly that I have encountered in the Middle East, always striving to make your life easy and your stay as enjoyable as possible. A special note to the sushi restaurant where for two nights I was the only client and both the waiter and the chef went out of their way to make me feel welcome, they were just excellent.

The rooms are as the Hotel, spacious, comfortable and clean, allowing you to enjoy a good night sleep both on the seaside as on the land side... sea view or mountain view is just a personal choice, as I found both types very good. Amenities are as good as in any other Hilton hotel.

As for the food, breakfast is a wonderful experience, with the staff remembering you from meal to meal, and by the second time already addressing your preferences both on seat location and what to bring you. I didn't have lunch during my stay, but as for dinner, all the restaurants present you with good quality food and a reasonable variety.

Do try to enjoy the pool as the surroundings are very relaxing making it a perfect solution for when the beach and sea are too hot.

One final word for the only negative points I encountered, which are the view of the Salalah Port and the cement factory, and the overpriced shop on the ground floor.

Well nothing is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team. Your positive scores about the overall satisfaction and in particular about the Suchi & Al Maha restaurant have been noted and shared with the team members (it really makes every one so happy:-)

Look forward to welcoming you back to or little paradise' Hilton Salalah Resort ' in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stopping to see Muscat on the way to see the UNESCO site in Salalah I enjoyed the city and it's sites very much. Real people who are proud of their country. Be prepared to negotiate a taxi rate to where you want to go.
Arriving at Salalah was a reminder of the old days - walking across the tarmac to the small terminal and a reasonably easy exit via the paying and collection of visa lines.
Make sure you prearrange with the hotel to collect you otherwise the taxi's charge over the odds.
This town is growing rapidly as it embraces tourism and is keen to show itself off to it's visitors. Designed avenues jostle next to old areas where camel is roasted on stones and hung in the back of trucks, while goats, camels, donkeys, cows all blithely use the road as much as you.
The Hilton is a comfortable hotel - ex Holiday Inn - don't expect over the top luxury but do expect the staff to be courteous amenable and excellent. They all make every effort to help you enjoy your stay.
There is unfortunately a rather odd, musty, damp smell which pervades the rooms and corridors.
Breakfast has something for everyone, try the 'made as you watch' omelette after an early morning swim.
Walk along the long long beach and dip in the surf. Read with a coffee and make the most of happy hours and the well equipped gym.
The view is of the port and cement factory but the powerful ocean commands more attention. The Crown Plaza is up the other end of the beach and both hotels have proximity to various sites. The location is not walking distance to the town so you can get a lift or organise a private tour guide - I chose a local man who stopped wherever and whenever I wanted and although didn't have the best English I found to be a real experience rather then the more expensive (tourist priced) and somewhat ' too smooth' alternative. we stopped at the local spots and the people at the stops were very helpful to 'the local' driver.
Extraordinary contrasts - scenery of new roads carved through the dry rock mountains mixed with wadi's and dramatic views; stopping for wandering camels; the frankincense trees; historical (Job's stone) and quirky sites (anti gravity spot); bird life; local shopping.
Comfortable, interesting, real, relaxing.

Room Tip: The ocean view is appealing and in the 'green times' the mountain views would be pretty too.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Fearnaught
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here at The Hilton, Salalah for four nights and enjoyed a fantastic stay in this lovely hotel. Our initial check in was quick and hassle free and after an epic 8.5 hour drive from Muscat we were met with a much needed cool drink.

Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean and although not having sea view, we were happy to look out to a view of the distant mountains. Yes, the hotel is in very close proximity to the port, but this is Salalah, an industrial town, not Monte Carlo, so came as no surprise.

Like a complete nerd, I kept a little list of pros and cons in my head that I used to register every time something nice or not as nice happened, and the pros list outweighed and cons by 10 to one. One of the outstanding pros for me was the friendliness of the staff and the standard of the housekeeping at the hotel. A standout for me was when I left some ointment outside of its packaging one day and came back to find it had been put back in its box with the instructions for use carefully wrapped around the product-I was touched that anyone would have that kind of attention to detail!

The pool area was great fun, with a waterslide adding to our enjoyment and a great poolside bar serving the best drink I have ever tasted (the aptly named banana heaven). The Palm Grove beachside restaurant had a great choice of dishes and it was very nice being able to listen to the waves against the shore as we ate.

Finally, to top off a fantastic stay, we arrived in our room one night to find a bottle of Shiraz left in our room as a surprise gift from the General Manager-a very classy touch.

If I had any gripes about this hotel whatsoever, they would be tiny. I missed having some slippers to slope around my room in, and the evaporated milk in the rooms were not quite my cup of tea for my cup of tea, but I am being very pedantic now.

So, in conclusion, a fantastic hotel with brilliant staff-keep up the great work! Laura

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Laura C
haitham_elbehairy, Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Dear Laura,

Reviewed May 14, 2012

it has been the second time in 14 months , that I have stayed in this Hilton hotel . This time with my daughter . Of course this hotel is not as modern as in other places, but Salalah is a place for nature lovers and every one who wants to relax .The service is thanks to a excellent German manager absolut top , the food in the Palm Grove every day a pleasure .The hotel also is recommending a very good guide which I had for the second time . It has been great to sit with beduines and another time with young omani women even talking in excellent english . There is nothing which is not solved with a big smile in the hotel Thank you Mr . Schack you do a good job.

Room Tip: take a room with seaview on the 4th floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Saliter
haitham_elbehairy, Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

We are very thankful for your constructive feedback that makes us very proud of our services and our team. Your positive scores about the overall satisfaction and in particular about the Palm Grove restaurant have been noted and shared with the team members (it really makes every one so happy:-)