“Ate here 3 times...perfect!”

Palm Grove Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Salalah
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Ate here 3 times...perfect!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had eaten here three times during my stay at the Hilton Salalah...and each time was enjoyable.

The first time was just an afternoon burger and pizza...needed something to hold us over until dinner and it really hit the spot.

The second time was for dinner in the restaurant and my wife got a steak and I got the duck...delicious! My wife couldn't finish her steak due to the portion size so I was lucky enough to finish it. Even the breads that were served with the meal were savory.

Another night we did the 'romantic dinner on the beach' which was served by the Palm Grove. I was told they had an Indonesian chef that would be preparing our dinner of fresh Omani lobster and seared red snapper....my lord, we were in heaven!! Each course was so flavorful...I knocked out two bowls of the lobster bisque to my delight. My wife was awed by the lemon sorbet....who knew something that simple would be so refreshing!! I was so stuffed that I could barely eat the chocolate cake for dessert, but managed to fit it in. This meal has to be in the top 5 for me of all time. If you are staying at the Hilton with your spouse/partner, you MUST do this one night.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Andrew H
SoumayaBenAli, General Manager at Palm Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Andrew H, We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you took to send us this message regarding your recent stay in our Resort. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your experience memorable. Looking forwarded to welcoming you back to our resort till then, wish you and your good family all the best.
Have a very nice day!

Nader Halim
nader.halim@hilton.com

• Arabic first
Bali, Indonesia
“great restaurant”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

excellent service the staff were friendly and good menu selection all the food we had was good and the location is on the beach

Visited February 2013
1 Thank laneyelf
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Palm Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear laneyelf, Many thanks for your constructive feedback and for giving us the chance to know about your experience. Pleased to learn about your satisfaction with the Palm Grove Restaurant and looking forwarded to welcoming you back to our resort Till then, wish you and your good family all the best.
Kind regards
Soumaya Ben Ali
Executive Secretary
soumaya.benali@hilton.com
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“If you look for fine cuisine...”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice place to rest. Bar has good cocktails, and the restaurant offers fine cuisine, from various inspirations. That was one of the best pekin duck I ever ate.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Pitch00n
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Palm Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Pitch0un, Your comment as one of our most valuable guests is very much appreciated! Rest assured that myself and the hotel team will continue providing the excellent service which will keep you and your good family loyal to our company. Wish you very nice day! Best regards Soumaya Ben Ali Executive Secretary Hilton Salalah Resort
soumaya.benali@hilton.com
London
“New Management, great changes, exciting times.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I wrote a review for the Palm Grove about 9 months ago and wanted to 'refresh' my previous review.

My husband and I live in Salalah and eat out frequently and so we are always excited when a regular haunt of ours promises new menus. Most of the time our excitement is short-lived. This is not the case with the Palm Grove restaurant at the Hilton Salalah, Oman.

We were aware that the hotel was under a new General Manager and had heard that the restaurant was getting a menu make-over and so were keen to see what wonders were to greet us. We chose to celebrate a special occasion at the Palm Grove as it has always been a favourite of ours although we had been growing tired of the menu (well, we have been eating here regularly for over a year).

We were NOT disappointed. The attention to detail simply with the table decor and crockery is stunning. You finally feel as though you are somewhere tropical, balmy and very romantic.
The new menu's arrived and were delighted to see some of our personal favourites. In fact it took us quite some time to decide what to have. Salalah to me is missing good far eastern food and now we have it! We chose the Calamari and Seafood Bisque to start, followed by Chinese Black Pepper Beef (beef with green peppers in black bean sauce). The beef was great quality and cooked to perfection and the sauce was divine. The rice was the correct rice for the dish and not the basmati that you are offered everywhere else in Salalah with every cuisine! For dessert my husband chose the ice cream which was lovely and creamy and I had the Strawberry Parfait.

We enjoyed every morsel which was washed down with great wine.

There is also the option of the private dining experience on the beach in a stunning pavillion, surrounded by romatic lights... a great treat with stunning set menu's not found in the main restaurant. We look forward to trying it soon and reviewing it here.

I would like to mention that the staff at the Palm Grove are fantastic. We met the new F & B Manager and the General Manager, both of whom are charming and professional and clearly have a great deal of industry knowledge and expertise. The chef even came out to ask how our food was! These are details that had been lacking previously and we very much enjoyed giving feedback.

I would like to give a special mention to Bindu, who always has a smile for us, no matter how busy or tired she is and always knows exactly what we would like to drink.

What marks out of 10 would I give the Palm Grove now? Top marks all round. We are so very pleased to have somewhere that fits all our criteria in Salalah!

Well done to the new GM and his staff.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Minimoon
SoumayaBenAli, Executive Secretary at Palm Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Minimoon, Many thanks for your constructive feedback and for giving us the chance to know about your experience. Pleased to learn about your satisfaction. Your comment as one of our most valuable guests is very much appreciated! Rest assured that myself and the hotel team will continue providing the excellent service which will keep you and your good family loyal to our company. Wish you very nice day!
Kindest regards,
Soumaya Ben Ali
On behalf of
Nader Halim
nader.halim@hilton.com
Nhulunbuy
“Good Indian food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had very nice meals and most of the staff nice although in general not efficient. We stuck to the Indian meals, the tikka and goan fish curry very good. Other members of the family ordered western food which I would not really recommend. The view is nice and it has a relaxed feel, a nice place to eat. Don't have the club sandwich though, stick to the Indian food!

• Visited December 2012