“One Night Stop Over”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ruwi
Sunderland
“One Night Stop Over”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here overnight before travelling on to Salalah we used their free airport shuttle which when you include in the price is very good the hotel. It was a little outdated but very clean the staff were very friendly the breakfast was very good good location very easy to get to port area 2 Rial by taxi. Overall a very nice hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We spent a delightful two nights in the Ruwi Hotel. Staff were attentive and friendly (Shanavas), organising dinner reservations and a dolphin sightseeing trip. It was a short 10min walk to pick up the Big Bus tour at 9:10am in time to catch the shuttle bus to tour the Grand Mosque. The hotel itself did not disappoint, our adjoining rooms were comfortable, clean and well proportioned. Ruwi Hotel, I will be back :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank IanandOons
Mascat, Masqat, Oman
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Salutations and respect for all.If you are looking for a wonderfull destination where you can find calm and prosperity try ruwi hotel muscat where you will be welcomed and well served.beauty and simplicity are respected.Located in the center of muscat you will be closer to all what you desire to discover in your trip.Good service is an obligation and do not forget that you will taste the food you are looking for.

KAMAL SALEH KHADRAOUI

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
OmanHotels, General Manager at Ruwi Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear K Kamel,

Sincere thanks for your visit to Ruwi Hotel and forwarding comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location and service standards of the hotel. Upon your next visit to Ruwi Hotel, I recommend you to experience our evening Dhow cruise tour / Dolphin watching tour or day tour to desert night camp which are organized by the hotel.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for a great future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A pleasant place to spend a couple of nights in Muscat. Rooms were very clean and comfortable although a little chilly as I couldn't seem to turn the AC down. Hotel staff were on the whole friendly and happy to help. Pool was clean and nice enough to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon. Location was fine for getting to and from shopping areas and malls by cab. Breakfast was good - a lot of choice and I had no problem finding things to eat with my gluten-free dietary requirements. I requested a non-smoking room and an airport transfer when making the booking online and both were arranged for me. All in all a good place to stay for the price. I would stay there again if my travels take me back to Muscat.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Glutenfreetrav,

Thank you for visiting Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Just back from 3 nights in the Ruwi Hotel in Muscat.

First off, location is ideal if you have a car, whilst not far from most attractions, taxi fares could easily rack up.

Upon arrival the lobby area seemed somewhat dated and a bit dull on it. The receptionist was polite as were all staff.

We had opted to pay extra for a Premium room half board although I feel the room was very small for the extra paid and the other benefits of the room (free tea/coffee/juice in the coffee shop being the main one) did not really make up for it. Having spent the weekend prior at another 3 star property there was a large difference in the room standard. The room was clean and modern, however the bathroom felt dated and small.

The pool area was much smaller than what you are led to believe from booking online and around 5pm each day the pool area was overrun by people that seemed to live in the local area which meant that the 6 sun loungers (yes, only 6) were being used by non-guests.

Foodwise, the breakfast was ok at best, I only ate it on the first morning, the other 2 mornings I opted to eat whilst out. We had lunch out each day, however I was disappointed by the quality of dinner. On our first night (Thursday) they had a special BBQ on which we were basically told that we had to eat from (although others were eating in the main restaurant), whilst the food was nice, there was not a great selection to chose from. Our second night we opted just for a sandwich as we had a large late lunch. Our final night we eat from the main menu I was disappointed not to have previously been told that there were several food items not available in our package (steak, mixed grill and lamb), so I opted for a pasta carbonara which whilst tasted ok, it was very dry and a very small portion.

It also seemed that not all staff were aware that guests in the premium rooms were entitled to free beverages in the coffee shop. We asked at reception regarding this as it was glanced over at checkin, the evening porter said that it meant we had free tea and coffee in our rooms only. The next morning I went for a cappuccino in the coffee shop and fully expecting to pay was told that it was included free of charge. Maybe this was a new staff member, but front of house staff really need to know the details of all packages.

Finally some good stuff, our "Personal Butler" (Shanvas i think) was excellent, very attentive to our needs/wants (travelling with an 18month old brings some challenges) and only to happy to help us out. I also was appreciative of the very helpful and friendly staff in the coffee shop who not only served with a smile, but after the first night didn't even need to ask for our room number, they just knew who we were and that was a great personal touch that so many hotels lack in this day and age.

Conclusion, not a bad hotel for the price and location, but some things could do with improvement, mostly food.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a higher floor due to other tips, heard nothing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Railto ,

Thank you sincerely for patronizing Ruwi Hotel - Muscat and posting your comments on trip advisor.

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on cleanliness, breakfast buffet and service standards of the staff. However all concerns pertaining to inadequacies of hotel standards are being addressed with the concerned departments.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

London
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I love being in Oman and on picking up my car at the airport I had a look at a few 3* and 4* hotels before deciding to return to the Ruwi hotel where I had stayed before. On arriving I was greeted by the staff who actually remembered me from previous occasions. I'm pleased I made the decision to come back here as the standards are high throughout. I don't need a Sheraton or Hilton and I like the more personalised attention one gets from a smaller hotel. Great price. Great breakfast. Free wifi throughout. Easy to park; if you have no car, easy to get taxis (private and shared and minibuses). Minutes walk from shops and great Indian restaurants (including three great vegetarian ones). Good pool and sunbathing area. Good coffee shop, restaurant and bars. There is some traffic noise (little in room) but I love being in the vibrant heart of things. I do love Oman and the people are great. Far better than Dubai or other places in the UAE.

Room Tip: If you want sunshine, choose a room facing the mountain.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gazgazuk,

San Francisco
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Muscat as a city is so vast and spread out. I booked the Ruwi Hotel for a four night stay during a recent visit to Muscat. The area in which the hotel is located is represented by it's name. Very commercial, very busy, and very crowded. When I booked this hotel, I made the choice from what I had read about it. It is not a bad hotel by any means, it is just an average one, in my estimation. Having said that, I would like to compliment the overall staff, they are personable and very helpful. This made up, at least in my mind for the hotel's location.
Asked if I would use this hotel again, definitely no, it is just located in the heart of the city, but having said that I am not sure there is a true downtown area in Muscat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank OneMansPerspectives
Dear OneMansperspec,

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruwi
Al Falaj Hotel
Sheraton Oman Hotel
#1 of 52 in Muscat
Park Inn by Radisson Muscat
The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel

Been to Ruwi Hotel? Share your experiences!