“Good value for the money”

Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ruwi
Bengaluru, India
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The hotel is well located , right in the heart of the city. Good and well behaved staff. Had a good time there. The room are quite big and has nice ambience, with a mini bar in it. The bar was quite relaxing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
OmanHotels, General Manager at Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Vinoth,

Thank you for visiting Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location and service standards of the hotel. Upon your next visit to Ruwi Hotel, I recommend you to experience our evening Dhow cruise tour / Dolphin watching tour or day tour to desert night camp which are organized by the hotel.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for a great future.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
southernengland
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Ruwi is in the business quarter of Muscat and so is not exactly in the centre of things. Muscat is spread out over a vast area but is quite accessible by cab for about 5 OMR. We were contacted by the staff before our arrival and a car was waiting to collect us at the airport. On arrival fresh fruit was waiting for us in our very clean room. The staff were always on hand to help with any queries we had on our three day stopover. Complimentary breakfast was excellent as were all snacks we purchased whilst lounging by the pool. Would recommend

• Stayed March 2014
OmanHotels, General Manager at Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Garlic1927,

Thank you for your visit to Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location, breakfast buffet. bedrooms and service standards of the hotel. Upon your next visit to Ruwi Hotel, I recommend you to experience our evening Dhow cruise tour / Dolphin watching tour or day tour to desert night camp which are organized by the hotel.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is located next to an expressway and the rooms on this side are noisier than those on the mountainside, because I stayed in both. The mountainside rooms were numbered even, wheras the expressway side were numbered odd.

The bed in my room was very comfortable and the room was generally clean and tidy. Wifi worked very well in the room, this is a big plus point. The TV had many different channels in various languages, the mini bar was well stocked and alcohol was available and was not too expensive. I slept well at this hotel.

Breakfast was plentiful, buffet style but always hot. Breakfast service was very polite and attentive.

Reception staff were polite but I felt that the lady behind reception was surly.

I had trouble getting recommendations / directions from the reception staff so I can say that Woodlands Indian restaurant was very good and licensed, and is within walking distance of the hotel. The large KM supermarket is near to the hotel and is very well stocked.

Room Tip: An even numbered room will be mountainside, I think.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Duncan Bradshaw,

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the location, breakfast buffet. bedrooms and service standards of the hotel. However your concerns about the service standards of the front desk staff had been addressed.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located just off a major highway and is very easy to find if you are driving from the airport, plus it's well situated as a base to explore Muscat from. The bar is also ok and the service in particular in the bar was very friendly.

However, the hotel was rather run down. Rooms looked tired and in need of a refresh... basics like very worn fixtures and furnishings. Even towels and linens were noticeably old and were often grey or frayed.

Muscat is not a cheap place for hotels and the Ruwi Hotel is just about ok as a base from which to sleep and explore. However, the overall condition of the place per above does let it down. If I was back in Muscat I would try to find another option around the same price point, rather than go back to this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank vonhumperdink
Dear Vonhumperdink,

We at Ruwi Hotel- Muscat, sincerely thank you for patronizing our hotel and posting your valuable comments on trip advisor.

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on the location of the hotel. The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes during the past year, upgrading the swimming pool area, the rooms, refurbishment of gymnasium and complete replacement of linen. However we wish to invite you once again to Ruwi Hotel to experience the difference.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future endeavors.

Aniak, Alaska
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I needed a nice, clean and quiet hotel in Oman and we found it in the Ruwi Hotel. The hotel provided a free airport shuttle and it was clean and quiet. My wife enjoyed her stay as well! She is my gauge on the quality of a hotel. For the few days we were there, we mostly hung out at the hotel. It seemed to do a thriving business with mature bus tours. The location was good and was a 5 OR taxi ride to the Mutrah Souq, which is worth a visit. I would recommend this hotel to mature couples needing a clean, quiet reasonably priced hotel in the Muscat area.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room off the main street and we did get it, but the rooms are quiet anyway.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven P
Dear Steve754058,

Graz, Austria
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ruwi Hotel is a nice 3 star Hotel in a good location and with very friendly staff and good service.We spent two nights there and enjoyed it very much.Try to get a room towards the Pool side on one of the upper floors.The Breakfast buffet offers all kind of different dishes and even some Indian food.Good Rates via booking.com and on there web site.Across the road is a nice
Indian Buffet Restaurant with all you can eat for OMR 3.50 open for Lunch and Dinner.

Room Tip: Try to get a Room towards the Pool side and on the upper floors(6th Floor and above)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank kosaken9
Dear Kosaken9,

Ahrensburg, Germany
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We spent two weeks in the Ruwi Hotel. We booked this hotel for our holidays because of the good cost-performance ratio and central position in Muscat.
Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. The room service fullfilled all our wishes.
Within the hotel are two restaurants and two bars. They offer tasty, reasonable priced dishes/snacks and drinks. Several kinds of beer are available as well as red and white house wine for prices similar German prices. For breakfast a variety of tasty dishes - most in indian style, as well as fruits and cakes - were available. The service staff was very friendly and responded quickly.
Furthermore we could use the pool (including a pool-bar), two computers, meeting rooms, a fitness center. Shuttle service had been offered from and to the airport and to the private beach of the hotel.
At the beach a restaurant, beach loungers and parasols are available. Diving and snorkeling trips can be booked there.
The reception staff offered an excellent service. We had no problems to communicate in English language. They fullfilled all our wishes. They helped us to organize some trips to the mountains and to the desert. Even non-standard trips had been managed without any problems. A guide (one of the receptionists) came along with us and took care of our well-being.
Summary: All our expectations had been exceeded. We spent amazing days in the Ruwi hotel. Thanks to the service staff. Special thanks to our guide Shanavas.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet non-smoker room by email in advance and got it without any problems.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Isolde22926
Dear Isolde22926,

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruwi
Al Falaj Hotel
Crowne Plaza Muscat
Crowne Plaza Muscat
#8 of 56 in Muscat
The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel

Been to Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat? Share your experiences!