“Khasab Dhow trip”

Al Taif Tours Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 2 Khasab B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Decided to stay at Al Taif Accomadations after reading many reviews. The two gentlemen who met us at Lulu to show us the route to the villa were both nice, and they made. An effort to provide eggs with breakfast when my husband requested. The room was basic, two single beds were pushed together, not the most comfortable, but considering what we paid,

They also made arrangements and showed us the way to the docks for dhow cruise, which was wonderful! The full day cruise was everything we hoped for, relaxing, nice group of people, lunch was tasty (and loved how it was driven out to us on a another boat!) drinks, both hot tea and ccld water, juices and soda were available also! Loved the dolphins and snorkeling would have been great, if I had brought my own equipment! The ones provided were old, I'll fitting and damaged.

Will go back again.

Room Tip: Get the villa room with bathroom!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly0818

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had chosen this accomodation based on earlier reviews from others and I wasn't disappointed. Mr Eldho who looks after this was most accomodating of the many changes we made in our itinerary. He was very helpful through the trip and took good care of us.

The villas are situated about a 5 min drive from the harbour and the airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only thing is that we wished there were tea-coffee making facilities in the smaller rooms as well. Mr Eldho picked us up and took us to nearby restAurants for all our meals.

We did the half day dhow cruise and the mountain safari through Al Taif. Both were very good experiences. The half day cruise is from 9.30 to about lunch time--you can snorkel and swim around when the dhow stops at Telegraph Island. All equipment provided on board the dhow. Tea, coffee, water, soft drinks and fruits also provided.

Mountain safari--was beeautiful. If you a resident of UAE, Muscat, you should bring your 4wd and do this drive.

Ferry service to Khasab operates from Muscat on Wed and the return is on Friday. You can bring cars as well. There is one flight daily as well.

No taxis in Khasab-which is where Mr Eldho really helped as he drove us where we wanted.

The only hotel serving alcohol is the Golden Tulip.

Recommended number of days in Khasab-2 to 3

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have stayed at AL Taif Tours Villa on 29Jan2013 for 2 nights.Upon arrival in Khasap we had slight difficulties finding the place and I recommend to stop at one of the other travel agencies opposite the port and ask for directions or to call ahead.Within 5 minutes the manager arrived and took us to the Villa wich is located past the Khasab Hotel near the Power station.
We stayed in a nice double Room with ensuite facilities and a fridge.
The following day we had a full day Dow Cruise wich was although arranged with Al Taif Tours
anw worth every penny.We saw plenty of Dolphins and where provided with a nice Lunch and free drinks.
I can definatly recommend AL Taif Tours and the Villa.
Just in case you want to take the ferry to Shinas and Muscat from Khasab be aware that they often get cancelled or just turn back due to bad weather as it happened to us.Paid money will be refunded without problem,but remember that you will have to buy another Omani Visa if you travel overland back via Ras al Khaimah and it took us approx. 10 hrs to drive from Khasab to Muscat incl.border formalities.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kosaken9
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked not only accommodation but also tours with Al Taif Tours and accommodation in Khasab, where we spent 3 days.
The guesthouse is nice, with large and pleasant rooms. Very good value for money in Khasab!
The gentleman running the place is very helpful and will do his best for you to have a pleasant stay.
The only thing to consider is that it is approx. 2.5 km from the "city center", so a car is almost necessary (13-15 OMR per day)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GillesVienna
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent 7 nights at the beginning of November at Al Taif villa where I’d booked in advance the studio with private ensuite and I was very happy with it. This is a very good place to stay for families and singles, very good value for the money. Going back to Khasab I definitely would book again Al Taif.
Quiet location, nice spacious room, big bed with very comfortable mattress, a/c working well, big frigidaire and tv and most important thing everything was very clean. Travelling alone and not having a car, I was particularly grateful to caretaker Eldho who picked me up at airpoirt (and took me back when I left), accompanied me for shopping at Lulu, showed me around (also at night to see the desert foxes…), arranged for me dolphin and fishermen tours. He was always there to help and assist me, very reliable and really friendly, making my stay there a very pleasant one. I appreciated really a lot what Eldho did for me during my vacations there.
As a matter of curiosity, I checked the other accommodations in Khasab and I’m more than convinced that I did the right choice with Al Taif.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank crocus46
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Pros: great service, nice price, ac worked well and the room was clean

Cons: bathroom is shared and needs an update, although clean it was not American style sterile clean.

Manage your expectations and you'll enjoy the visit. We would stay here again.

Desert wadi safari is not recommended but we loved the dhow cruise.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We are a family with litle kids and have booked for nights, a dhow cruise and a montain safari. The rooms are comfortable. This is not the luxus villa but the rooms are very clean and large. Eidho had organized everything and was really helpful, we could rely on him. This is important when you are in a place you do not know. He booked a nice and comfortable dhow for us (not the ones with more than 20 tourists). Even if we would have liked to snorkle a little bit longer and even if the cruise was 1 hour shorter than planned, we have enjoyed very much to share the place with many "local" people.
The montain safari was also a very nice experience. A local driver took us in charge and was so experienced that, even with 2 kids, we could feel very safe.
If we go again to Khasab, we certainly go again to this place. We have seen the lake hotel from outside and I would not go there with children. We met people who have seen the rooms and prefered to sleep in their car. We went to the tulip hotel for a drink and were very happy not to be there. The service for 4 drinks and hummous took more than 45 minutes and everything arrived separatly and because we requested each time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family