We had stayed at the resort for a night with friends and left the place with mixed opinions.There are some very good things about the place, so the good things first;
1. The rooms are very spacious and very well laid out.
2.The place has been landscaped exceptionally well.
3.The housekeeping staff (whenever we got to see them), were very polite & helpful.
4.The spa is the main USP of the place......and the treatments come highly recommended.
The areas which need improvement;
1. The reception seems understaffed and check in / check out took a very long time.
2.During my entire stay, my intercom was not working........despite several reminders and visits to the reception to complain about the same.........every visit to the reception involved a walk of 20 minutes.
3.The bicycles at the resort were in a very poor condition and all of them needs to be replaced at the earliest......it is a surprise that guests have to pay 5 RO to use them.
4. The food is awful and i would go on to suggest that you order for pizzas from a pizza hut which is located close by.........also, they charge 5 USD for a bottle of water at the restaurant.
5.The buggy service is very poor and if the resort wants people to return in future, they should certainly do something about it.
6. The steam tunnel (a wonderful concept) looked like it has not been in use for the past few months.......which is a pity.
Having noted all these negative aspects, i would still look forward to my next visit......mainly because of the serene surroundings and the spa.......also kids (2-8yrs) can have a nice time......older kids might find the place a little boring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in an oasis of thirty acres of gardens, enclosed by sprawling greens and clusters of mango trees, Al Nahda Resort & Spa provides the ultimate in tranquillity and relaxation. The resort's 109 rooms are designed in apartment, free-standing villa and bungalow styles and boast some of the largest rooms in Oman. The Eram Spa is one of the most unique spa concepts in the Middle East with more than 60 treatments offering wellness and healing therapies, as well as signature treatments and a host of other relaxing, medical and rejuvenating experiences. Three restaurants and two bars provide a variety of eating and drinking choices for all guests. For those looking to keep fit, our gym with 24 state-of-the-art machines, provides the latest facilities. Additional facilities include two floodlit tennis courts, a sand volleyball court, a dedicated children's play, underground meditation centre, steam tunnel, spa baths, amphitheatre, large swimming pool, 30 acres of gardens, Room service and the Eram Spa with 22 separate treatment rooms. Located a 30-minute drive from Muscat International Airport, Al Nahda Resort & Spa is the ideal setting for a relaxing break, away from downtown, though in the Muscat area, and surrounded by a selection of trees and nature to provide the perfect tranquil atmosphere.Al Nahda Resort & Spa is the Sultanate of Oman's first and only Preferred Boutique hotel, part of the Preferred Hotel Group, showcasing distinctive travel experiences in some of the most exceptional hotels and resorts around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Al Nahda Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Nahda Hotel Barka
- Al Nahda Resort And Spa
- Al Nahda Resort & Spa Oman/Barka