“Excellent Bagels”

Brooklyn Bagel & Coffee Co
Ranked #9 of 594 Restaurants in Astoria
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Excellent bagels with numerous spreads to choose from. No matter how long the line is, they are able to serve you quickly and efficiently. The only negative thing that comes to mind is that the spreads should be listed somewhere before you actually reach the fridge and the point where you have to order!!!

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I regularly stop off to get my coffee here. The service is excellent and the bagels and other baked goods are fresh and tasty. But above all what I like about this place, is that those behind the counters really know how to move the lines here. Even on a weekend when the line stretches almost to the entrance, or even out the door, everyone is pitching in to keep things moving as quickly as possible. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes to get my coffee and baked goods. BB&C is a highly rated and inexpensive baked goods store compared to the nearby Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts on Broadway Astoria.

One negative, I have to note is that some of their employees do not always use sanitary gloves when serving food,particularly spreads.This I believe may be a NYC food and health violation, which the manager who is regularly there should be aware of and fix immediately.

The store also closes early before 5PM, so service is only good for breakfast and lunch.

Hence, why I give them three stars. I'd give then 4 stars if they improved the food and health violation described above.

2  Thank neil102
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Great bagels and oatmeal with fresh fruit and nuts.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Great bagels, awesome array of cream cheeses. On Saturday or Sunday mornings, the line is out the door, but the staff is really good at moving the lines quickly. The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars is because it's a little expensive, and their coffee isn't that great. Otherwise, this place is great! Me and my boyfriend go once a week or so.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I walk 10 blocks each way every morning to get my bagel here. I guess you could say I am an addict, but with good reason. The bagels here are the best and they have a great variety of cream cheeses and different sandwiches. If you are vegetarian/vegan, they have three different kinds of tofu cream cheese...plain, vegetable and cinnamon walnut. Everyone that works there are all amazing and helpful...