“Great Spot”
Review of Ovelia

Ovelia
Reserve with OpenTable
Ovelia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 577 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 30th Ave. and 34th Street
“Great Spot”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Ovelia has a decent menu. I always get the same plates when I'm here ... the sausage, the zucchini patties, grilled calamari, haloumi cheese. PLUS, the make rakomelo. I've never had a bad food experience ... but the hostess has at times been rude.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Astoria, New York
“Service is Poor”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I came here a few weeks back. The staff were very rude and the quality of the food was not that great to be honest.

Visited October 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Delicious Brunch”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Ate here for the first time today and it was delicious. I had the corn pancakes with fresh ricotta and walnuts. There were really good but like eating cornbread pancakes--really dry texture. Paired with the ricotta and syrup, it's delicious. Lots of choices that have vegetables with them which I really appreciate. Love that all the eggs and dairy are organic and local. Good brunch prices that include the meal, an alcoholic drink & coffe, tea or OJ. I will go back.

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Very good food, a little slow on the service!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Let me start by saying that the wait staff is very attentive, they can't help what is going on in the kitchen. If you like Greek style food, this is a great place. It has a great bar, a great menu and the food is delicious. However, you might find yourself waiting a little while for it. We got there around 8:00 and were seated right away, but shortly afterward the place was packed, and this was a Wednesday night. We had drinks, it was still Happy Hour and they were four dollars each, who could pass that up. We had two appetizers, an eggplant dip, I couldn't spell, and fried squash fritters, both were great and enough for four people to share. My wife orderd a stuffed chicken dish, she found it a little too spicy. I had a mixed seafood, shrimp, calamari and clams over a whole wheat pasta, delicious, best calamari!! My brother had biftecki, a elongated hamburger, three large pieces, served with a Greek salad, he like it. My sisterinlaw has skewers of lamb with tomato and figs, yum!! The food was very good!! The restaurant is very pretty inside, but when crowded, it gets very noisy and conversation is difficult. Might try it again, but we like places that are a little less hectic.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Another Bright Spot in Astoria”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Dined with friends on Saturday night. This was our first time and we were impressed by the non traditional Greek fare on the menu. Lots of interesting choices including coffee steak and lamb with honey figs. Was really pleased to see a vegetarian Moussaka which is generally hard to find. The prices were very fair, the service was good but it did take a while to get our food. Surprised by the fact that no bread was offered prior to the meal. We would definitely go back. Don't forget reservations.

• Visited August 2012