“Great US Open Stay”

Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I thought that it was a good location for food access to US Open easy access to BQE right of Steinway where there is a lot of food eateries and a movie theater. The crazy thing is that there is no direct access to the second floor from the lobby first Hotel that I have ever stated at with a basement floor.

• Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here so that we could attend the U.S. Open. Parking was complimentary and there was also a complimentary shuttle to the Open. Being in New York City, the hotel is a bit pricey but the parking and transportation make up for this a bit. This is a typical Fairfield Marriott, with complimentary breakfast in the morning et cetera. Comfortable beds, ESPN so that we can see tennis while not at the venue, all-in-all, a good value.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We spent 3 days here. Everything in the room is compact. It was very clean. The breakfast was very wholesome. There were fresh cut strawberries, cantaloupes and banana. There were egg whites, cheese slices, ham slices, sausages,eggs and French toast. There was cereal, yogurt etc. Valet car service was nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank flgrays
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and two grown children with their fiancees and I stayed for one night before heading back to FL, GA and AZ. Accomodations were just fine, but not roomy as attested to by other reviewers. We weren't concerned with that because we just wanted a place to bed down that was reasonably priced. It was all that with cordial and courteous staff. I lived in Astoria for 59 years and never expected to see something like this for travellers. My son made all our arrangements, so it was a surprise to me. The free parking was an added bonus. Great place!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Robretired44
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights whilst visiting NY, and again for one night before flying home.
This is a budget type hotel, rooms are clean and comfortable, the bed really comfy.
Everything you would expect from a room is all here.
Breakfast is a do it yourself affair, with microwave bacon sandwiches etc and a waffle machine, but yogurts and bread are readily available. It does state the breakfast starts at 6.30, but that is when the service lady starts, so if you are down there at that time, don't expect to be able to start microwaving or making waffles until about 6.45 and if you don't know how to use the waffle machine, expect a curt response on it from the lady too, especially to make sure you spray the plates first!
The reception staff were fantastic, even remembering our names when we entered the reception area at whatever time of day we arrived.
The hotel also offers a shuttle service to La Gardia and to the Astoria Subway stop, also to pick up too. We found the a welcome and very helpful service, even late at night!
We had apologies from the manager for the decorating that was going on when we stayed, but that inconvenience was easily put up with as when it was being done, we were racing around the city.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am a silver reward member for the Marriott brand and I used points for this stay. I had the option to stay at the LaGuardia Marriott which is a lot more updated and modern (and very close to LGA airport and other public transportation to NYC) but I opted to stay at the Fairfield Inn because in comparison to the LGA Marriott they offered free breakfast, free parking, and free Wi-Fi. I would have used the same number of points at the LGA Marriott with none of the above for free so the Fairfield Inn was the obvious choice. I would not recommend the Fairfield Inn for an extensive stay and it is not tourist friendly just because of its location. Otherwise, the staff were top notch and overall my stay was fine. Personally the room for me was a bit too small but I was only staying for one night so I made do.

I stayed in a King size room that was outfitted with a microwave and small refrigerator which I think was again an added benefit to choosing the Fairfield Inn over the LGA Marriott but it did take away from having space to navigate around the room. From my room I could hear random street noise (I stayed on the 2nd floor in a corner room so I could hear every car/truck pass by the hotel). I'd recommend asking for a room on a high floor and that is in the middle of the hotel. Check-in was seamless, check-out was seamless, the breakfast is not anything fancy, mostly do it yourself in a rather small dining area of the hotel (i.e., belgian waffles, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, toast, and other hot beverages). I had to run the church first thing in the A.M. so the belgian waffle suited me just fine. The hotel is clean and overall the stay was really good.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the highest floor and if possible ask for a room in the middle or back of the hotel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for five nights while visiting family in Astoria. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is not ideal if in NY as a tourist. Regardless, the service is excellent especially the ladies at reception. The rooms are clean and serviced daily. Breakfast is a small selection of mostly DIY items. We were very pleased and sincerely I have never been at a hotel where the staff were that good at their job. Well done guys! There is a also shuttle to the airport and metro station.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria? Share your experiences!