“Tasty”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Francis Cafe
Reviewed November 1, 2015

When we first walked in we were not greeted immediately. If we weren't so hungry we probably would've walked out. Someone did finally come over and greet us. The customer service from there on out was good. The food was also very tasty. I would not get the grapefruit juice again but I would get the french toast again. One of my friends had the benedict, I thought it was ok. I would not order it again. My other friend had the "Oeuf Gamin". So good! I hadn't had anything like it before. If you aren't a goat cheese fan, still try it. It isn't overpowered by the goat cheese. For 3 plates, 2 coffees and 1 juice we paid $60 (before tip). I know, $60 for brunch :/

Reviewed July 31, 2015

I would like to know how a restaurant can stay in business if its open once a month. Which day? I dont know! Currently there is a sign that says they are closed for the month because they are on vacation. Ive been here twice for breakfast and both times were great. I just wish they were consistent with the days they are open per year. Must be nice...

Reviewed January 2, 2015 via mobile

Whenever I have a chance I stop by. The decoration is so nice!! The food and service is great!!! It's so nice to have something like this in this neighborhood!! A must to go if you around!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

being of french descent, we are slowly and semi-seriously working on visiting every french restaurant in new york city and the latest addition to our lifelong project was brunch at francis cafe, a new bistro on ditmars boulevard in gourmet-friendly astoria, queens.

you get the whole francophone treatment with the service, menu and design and if the weather is just right, you can close your eyes and with a little imagination be transported to the left bank in paris.

the cuisine, while just slightly overpriced, is all the better for the authentic recipes and the triple-a quality and freshness of the ingredients. we came for brunch on sunday and my daughter had the poached egg on ratatouille (delightful), while i tried a very fluffy omelet stuffed with swiss, ham and mushrooms. the sides were original and delicious, i having a delicately fried potato croquet. the fresh baguette tartine was the closest ever i've tasted to our local french village bakery since being in the united states! the cafe was also wonderful and aromatic, none of that bastardized starbucks blend for moi!

top it off with friendly service and just the right amount of attention to detail, and you have a very nice experience for a leisurely meal in a comfortable, informal setting. if the weather is nice, the sliding terrace doors open out to the sidewalk for the total cafe environment.

hopefully francis cafe will be appreciated among the surrounding greek places, good as they are. go and enjoy the other european countries represented in etchical astoria!

1  Thank France R
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had a lovely brunch with friends at Francis Cafe. It's a cozy, corner restaurant with lots of light and space. Great spot for a laid back Sunday brunch. It was my first time here and the food was very tasty. We enjoyed different kinds of egg omelets and ratatouille sandwich with a spicy lamb meat sausage. Potato croquets, side salad, mushroom risotto and potato gratin were very good as well. We also had apple tart, chocolate mousse and creme brûlée for dessert with very good coffee on a stronger side.
Service was very pleasant and we enjoyed the experience. Prices are reasonable and I would definitely return to this place for another meal.