“The best Greek food”
Review of Taverna Kyclades

Taverna Kyclades
Ranked #1 of 594 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visiting friends in NYC and all suggested that Taverna Kyclades is a must visited place, so we went there to make the best of our trip. After waiting around 45 minutes as the place is so busy, we had our table outdoor and started the meal with the grilled octopus, Greek salad and lemon roasted potato with their homemade bread. The grilled octopus was so yummy and delicious that we ordered it twice.
Then for the main entree, we had Mediterranean Sea Bass, fried Whiting and fried Sardines ... all dishes were so right and amazingly delicious.

If you are a seafood lover,,,, then this restaurant is your target !

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We landed at LaGuardia, grabbed a rental car and went to this place for dinner. We were greeted promptly and told there would be a 15 minute wait. While we waited a gentleman offered us a complimentary glass of wine that was quite enjoyable.

The food was fresh and delicious! Try the Calamari for an appetizer- it’s the best I’ve ever had. The spanakopita ...again, the best I’ve ever had...simply the best. I ordered the whole, grilled striped bass and it was fresh, seasoned to perfection and delicious. We ordered a carafe of house cabernet that tasted like it cost $100 (but didn’t)- great choice to serve!

The service was superb, never missed a beat and Andy the owner came to our table and chatted with us like he'd known us his entire life- really nice guy.

Here's the clincher- My girlfriend texted 2 friends who live there asking which restaurant in Astoria to go to BOTH said Taverna Kyclades… they didn’t offer a second choice. Funny thing is the flight attendant on our flight up also told me she had "just the place" for us to go but couldn't remember the name. During the flight I gave her my business card and asked her to email it to me. As we sat down I received the email ...it was Taverna Kyclades. Don’t just listen to me, ask anyone!

It's THE place for Greek food- enjoy!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Meet some friends here for a quick dinner before heading to the U.S. Open. Loved it, beautiful sunny evening, friendly service and fresh food. We loved the various appetizers from sausage to calimari. The fresh sole was great and very large portions. Complimentary dessert. The line was quite long waiting for a table, but it did not seem to bother anyone. Would definetly recommend or pay another visit if I am in the area.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I think is the best restaurant in Astoria.Fresh food every day,they always find a table for you,the service is fine,if you speak greek you got better service ;) .
I go every month,i can't complain about nothing.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

good food!! the octopus and fillet stuffed with crabs are wonderful, tastes fresh and tasty. its a bonus they give desert free which too is amazing. The saganaki too is amazing, as well as the grilled salmon. cant wait to be back