“Excellent Greek Restaurant!”
Review of MP Taverna

MP Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
MP Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 584 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've been to MP Taverna two times and both times were great experiences. The first time I went was for a Whole Lamb dinner and the second time was for a Baby Shower for my sister. Both times there were copious amounts of food and the service couldn't be better. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a regular meal as well as a private event.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went to my new neighborhood place with a friend on a Sunday afternoon. Passing it EVERYDAY - always full, with a NYC kind of glow about it- I was already apprehensive about the cost.

It is not Greek , but Greek (Mediteranian INSPIRED) - in fact, some of the titles are rather misleading - ask if you are expecting a specific traditional dish or desert.

The Sunday brunch menu (specials?) seemed all about eggs - which I can't eat. There were other options (sandwiches, etc) but...for brunch, I was hoping for ....more.

It is pretty, the lighting is nice, the windows are clean, the staff professional. We noticed the (owner? manager?) stopped and talked to all the tables AROUND US through out our 1.5+ hours there - but never chatted with us (confusing, a bit off putting, as well - did we DO something wrong? not look "downtown" enough? )

So - if you are in the 'hood and need to impress and the lines at Taverna Kyclades is too long - sure - take your credit card here - pretend you are in soho and pay for that privileged illusion.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The overall experience at MP Taverna was very good. I started with a delicious cocktail at the bar. When we transferred to a table, we tried to order wine. Unfortunately, it took us about 30 minutes because they didn't have what we were asking for. Eventually, we found a bottle that was in stock. Other than that, the meal was great. The octopus was DELICIOUS!!! One of the best I've had. The meals were reasonable and large portions. The staff was also great, especially after they didn't have most of our wine choices.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my first visit but not my last! The ambiance was great, the place was packed but not loud. I loved how comfortable the chairs were and that the tables weren't low making us feel cramped. Our server was nice and quick with out drinks and food. The food was delish and the portions were perfect. Downstairs they had a very nice bar area, which, would be great for a group wanting to stop for drinks and/or a good meal before a night out. The dips were out of this world and had plenty of pita bread to go around. I found the beet salad to be amazing and the Bronzino was out of this world!!!! They had a nice selection of wines to go with everything as well as an extensive bar menu. I topped it off with a non traditional apple baklava, which, was really good! Also great for a date night or quite dinner with friends.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Amazing vibe. Classic decor with clean updated touches everywhere. Tasty delicious food. Attentive service. Will visit again.