“Average”

Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport
and 1 more site!
Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport
Reviewed June 1, 2014

It is an average hostel. It is quite far from the subway (~20 min. walk) but there is a bus stop literally in front of it. Location is pretty safe and quiet. It takes around 20 minutes by subway to Times Sq. after you get to subway. Dorms are ok. Kitchen is across the street (not in the same building with the dorms).
I also noticed some strict rules regarding sleeping in the wrong room, late checkout etc. (around 30 $ fines). Staff is quite bureaucratic and still changing your room is almost impossible.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty similar i guess. Don't book for long so you may change the room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The hostel in itself was good, dorms were clean and the common area was great. Big kitchen, pool table, TV etc.
The rooms were quite noisy though as it is right next to a main road. Bring earplugs.
Website said 20min from Manhattan but it took well over 30minutes. Close to the airport which was good and if travelling solo it is the cheapest option.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2014

It was a very good experience at this hostel, only few things, breakfast, tv in the private rooms and kitchen in the same place of the rooms, I was there in winter and it's quite hard cross the street during the snow! Anyway is a really good place if you go alone! Always is a great adventure discover New York. They invested a lot of money remodeling the hostel and the facilities in the common areas are better and better every time.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I came to westway with my small children they put me in a room with no heat my son literally woke up out of his sleep crying and shivering because my room felt as if we were outside on a winter night the hallway had more heat then my room it was so bad that I took the flimsy baby mattress and had to lay it in the hallway and have me and my children sleep in the hallway the staff was very rude and did not try to fix the situation very horrible place never again will I return and I would not recommend this motel to friend or family .

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kierarich94
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I checked in at 3 pm, moved all my stuff to my bed, and locked my valuables up in a locker. But when I can back later that night, they had either given my bed away or someone else had taken it. Either way, I had to wait a long time while they cleaned a bed for me. And when I tried to get a refund for all the run-around, they wouldn't refund, not only that night, but the other two nights I had booked there as well! Their rationale was that I had stayed there, despite me not having the bed I booked, and having to move all my stuff in the middle of the night. Oh and they don't offer coffee/similar things like most hostels do. BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Cara T
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed there twice during March 2014, the staff I saw at the reception in total were 3 2 guys and one girl, the girl was fantastic very helpful and very friendly, i cant say the same about the other two guys they almost have no customer service skills and they have an attitude, that is most likely the reason why I would not go there. room service is not daily, I went for the double bed private bathroom, turns out its in another building far from reception, heating is terrible it has no thermostat so you either feel cold or hot

Room Tip: pick one with the private bathroom
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank xicor89
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visiting from London and on a budget we decided to stay outside of Manhatten and pay less. For a private double room booked through hostelworld.com we paid £25 per person, per night.

I have paid around that in other countries and got nicer places but tbh I didn't expect anything special in NYC.

our room was nice enough and we only slept in here, we spent all day out doing things so it didn't matter to us.

The first night we were cold so we asked for more blankets and the staff were happy enough to help. In fact they were very helpful answering all our annoying touristy questions.

Getting from Manhatten is so easy. We paid for unlimited metro card for 7 days for $30 so it made our choice to stay out of town massively worth it.

You get what you pay for, would recommend if you don't mind average amenities.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport? Share your experiences!