“I rather sleep on the streets”

Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport
Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport
“I rather sleep on the streets”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I came to westway with my small children they put me in a room with no heat my son literally woke up out of his sleep crying and shivering because my room felt as if we were outside on a winter night the hallway had more heat then my room it was so bad that I took the flimsy baby mattress and had to lay it in the hallway and have me and my children sleep in the hallway the staff was very rude and did not try to fix the situation very horrible place never again will I return and I would not recommend this motel to friend or family .

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kierarich94

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I checked in at 3 pm, moved all my stuff to my bed, and locked my valuables up in a locker. But when I can back later that night, they had either given my bed away or someone else had taken it. Either way, I had to wait a long time while they cleaned a bed for me. And when I tried to get a refund for all the run-around, they wouldn't refund, not only that night, but the other two nights I had booked there as well! Their rationale was that I had stayed there, despite me not having the bed I booked, and having to move all my stuff in the middle of the night. Oh and they don't offer coffee/similar things like most hostels do. BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Cara T
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed there twice during March 2014, the staff I saw at the reception in total were 3 2 guys and one girl, the girl was fantastic very helpful and very friendly, i cant say the same about the other two guys they almost have no customer service skills and they have an attitude, that is most likely the reason why I would not go there. room service is not daily, I went for the double bed private bathroom, turns out its in another building far from reception, heating is terrible it has no thermostat so you either feel cold or hot

Room Tip: pick one with the private bathroom
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank xicor89
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Visiting from London and on a budget we decided to stay outside of Manhatten and pay less. For a private double room booked through hostelworld.com we paid £25 per person, per night.

I have paid around that in other countries and got nicer places but tbh I didn't expect anything special in NYC.

our room was nice enough and we only slept in here, we spent all day out doing things so it didn't matter to us.

The first night we were cold so we asked for more blankets and the staff were happy enough to help. In fact they were very helpful answering all our annoying touristy questions.

Getting from Manhatten is so easy. We paid for unlimited metro card for 7 days for $30 so it made our choice to stay out of town massively worth it.

You get what you pay for, would recommend if you don't mind average amenities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I literally JUST checked in and I'm terribly disappointed...i walk in there are NONE of the amenities the guy over the phone told me they would have...their's no tv in the room, no phone, no bathrobe no hairdryer...not even a closet to put my stuff...and all this for 140.00 a night!!!! FORGET THIS RAGGED S#&!t HOLE!!! This room looks like a room people come to hide out from the police or have drug binges in. I'm just glad I'm only here for one night because I canceled the rest of the week. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT come here...

• Stayed March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

So I paid over $120 per night per bed in a large dorm for this place. There were several things wrong with it. Firstly, when we first got there, the guy at the front desk overcharged my card by a massive amount - I had to stand there for nearly an hour to get it all fixed. We arrived in our room to find our beds not made and the bathroom in a mess. So we headed out for the evening. The next morning at 9am, housekeeping simply barged into our room and started making a lot of noise - they were shouting across the halls chatting to each other and making a racket. No attempt to be quiet & quick. No consideration for the guests still in their beds! Then they told us that if we didnt get up then, our beds wont be made for the day.

Just saying, I've stayed in DC, San Fran, Philly, London, Singapore; in 3-star hotels, for half this price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I recently moved to New York from Los Angeles. I was thoroughly impressed. Clean towels, great experience, safe, good location. Watch for penalty fees/overbooking. They tell you the fees upfront - just pay attention (Don't sleep in wrong bunk, check out on time, etc). They jacked up the rates for New Years, and overbooked, but I mean, It's New York. It's going to be busy. That's why 4/5 stars. Met great people, was able to conduct my business. Enjoyable stay. Next best thing to a hotel, and you save quite a penny. Go for it.

Room Tip: Lower bunks are more stable. (Duh)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Astoria
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
Airway Inn at LaGuardia
#9 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to Westway Hotel Laguardia Airport? Share your experiences!