“What a gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Psari Seafood Restaurant & Bar

Psari Seafood Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Psari Seafood Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 560 Restaurants in Astoria
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 32 nd & 33 rd Streets
Transit: Psari is conveniently located just one block from the 36th Avenue stop on the "N" train and near other public transportation and highways.
Description: At Psari our specialty is fresh and delicious seafood with a Greek twist. "Psari" is Greek for "fish" and that simple word is the inspiration behind our menu. We serve a variety of fresh whole fish daily including red snapper, black sea bass and porgy. For the carnivores among you, we offer juicy porterhouse steak, tasty lamb chops and flavorful grilled chicken. Psari offers a full bar and an international wine list with selections that pair perfectly with our menu. We feature a newly-renovated setting that is both comfortable and chic; the atmosphere is casual and our friendly and inviting staff will make you feel like family.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

If you are staying in Astoria don't go across the bridge for great Greek and seafood. It's right here. The food was amazing, and service impeccable. Great place for a nice relaxing meal.

• Visited May 2013

“Greek captain/ psari”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I been going to the Greek captain for over 15yrs, they changed the name a couple years ago. The food is excellent service is great. Staff is very friendly and if your a regular customer like me, they start to call you by your name. I recommend the grilled octopus always tasty and the grilled or broiled Chilean sea bass to die for omg. Also the greek captain combo is a great and tasty buy. By the way they have a cute Colombian bartender lol... Enjoy..

new york
“Good food, weird service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food was very good. Excellent lobster and oysters. A great value from Groupon. The service was weird. At first the waitress seemed rude and borderline disdainful, but as the meal progressed she seemed more well-intentioned and socially awkward. It was to an extent that was distracting. I'd go back, if there was a Groupon special.

• Visited February 2012
New York City, New York
“Couple and Family frendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

There is a neighborly atmosfere, nice employees. Price is fair for most plates in the manu. Fry Calamari is done well, grill fish most of them good size for market price.

• Visited October 2012
“BEST LOBSTER EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have been here twice both with a groupon - lobster dinner for two for $39 with a side, soup or salad, and one drink. It's like the best groupon deal ever and I'm still regretting not buying more than one when I had the chance. My husband and I both had lobster broiled with garlic and butter and it is hands down the best lobster we've ever had. I see that some were disappointed with their fish and I can't speak for them since I've never tried it, but I would definitely go back and pay full price for this wonderful lobster and highly recommend it to anyone! I thought their wine and beer were fairly priced around $5 per glass/beer.
Service is excellent and I just can't have enough of those buttered & toasted bread they give you although I worry about the calories...

• Visited November 2012