Juanita Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Landmark Hotels(Port Harcourt)
View Hotel
Visa Karena Hotels(Port Harcourt)
Rachael Hotel(Port Harcourt)
View Hotel
The Elkan Terrace(Port Harcourt)
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I read other comments before staying there I agree with most of them. I did not understand those who said they could not be in the pool. I found almost nobody there and friday night they had a nice music group playing some old songs. You could be anywhere you want all by yourselft.
Lots of security. Nice pool. Nice gym. good bed.
Some things that happen may not be expected if you havent been to other hotels in the regions. Examples:1 room service extra charge: 1000 NGN. so for a sandwich of 2500 you pay almos 50% more to get it to your room.
Example 2: you want to have a steak from the menu and they tell you they cant do it because they have no peper. you ask for another option, and after a while they tell they dont have it, a third option and the same, after the fourth you want to speak with the chef to know what he can make and hi sends back the waiter saying he cant go because he is too busy with many orders (i am alone in the restaurant and there are maybe 10 guests in the hotel already sleeping) ...so you end up having the buffet for 35 USD

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I ran a residential training course here for 40 people. Apart from one hiccup (quickly remedied), the whole setting was great. Fabulous manager, pleasant food (more vegetarian would be nice, but hey.. this is Nigeria!), secure environment. Can't be faulted.
I also stayed in the Novotel. What a difference!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at Juanita Hotel while i was visiting my brother in law in Nigeria and i must congratulate all the staff members for an amazing time.The hospitality from everyone was world class if i may say so.From the moment i walked in and being greeted by the ever smiling Patricia to my departure...never once did i feel out of place.Loved the cleanliness of the rooms and the outstanding service thanks to my 2 stars Precious and the man responsible for my being late to a meeting James the top barman,Lol.iI will most of all miss my time chilling at their amazing pool with a drink in my hand.Loved every moment and once again thank you to everyone...see u in Jan.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was booked into the Juanita for 8 weeks - the Management had recently been changed and Staff re-training was taking place . Staff were courteous, very helpful, food has a selection of "traditional" and "continental". Continental food was all very tasty and well prepared with Staff willing to oblige for one slight alterations and adjustments to one's taste. Rooms was clean and very comfortable .
Pool and poolside Bar well maintained and very attractive tropical surroundings, refreshments always served well chilled.
Hotel in general clean and well kept.
Overall I would greatly, reccommned this Hotel to anyone travelling to PHC.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank 306Mark2011
Reviewed September 23, 2011

So if youre in Port Harcourt I'm assuming youre in the Oil Business well I got the opportunity to visit Juanita Hotel as part of their restructuring phase so their consultant wanted a tourism specialist to give an honest opinion.

Well for the price i paid i guess the rooms are worth it. The bed was very comfortable, the pillows nice and the bath room was top notch.

I was on the 1st floor around the back so had to walk a bit to get to my room and twice my key couldnt open the door and twice i had to sit by my door until i could get someone cos the walk was toooo much (im lazy yeah i know)

The gym seemed pretty decent and so did the pool.
The food wasnt bad

Over all, if youre an expatriate not wanting the general big name hotels in PH then this is a good choice.
The security was also adequate for the guests

Would definatell come back.
Oh yes, I was kept waiting for almost 30 minutes before I could check in.
The staff are undergoing alot of training so heres hoping when you get there, they will be better trained.

Good Luck

Room Tip: Make sure you dont keep your cell phone too close to your key so you dont sit outside your room like me
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business