“Good hotel for business trips”

Best Premier Hotel & Resort Port Harcourt
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Port Harcourt
Reviewed July 17, 2014

A good hotel to rest while doing business, very safe and secure and the ambience a very good one. The security arrangement is tops and the food and breakfast setting is varied and very good. The only downside is the pricing that is really high. This of course is similar for hotels in Nigeria, though in this case, i think comparatively, the price is justified for the service they provide. I will recommend this hotel as one of the top 2 in Port Harcourt.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is one of the worst experiences I have in any hotel around the world. Except for the infrastructure, the hotel is poor in all aspects of service, be it food, hospitality or friendliness of the staff. I hughly recommend not to stay in the hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ifeyinwa N, Manager at Best Premier Hotel & Resort Port Harcourt, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Mr Prateekjaiswal, I would like to apologize for the inconvinience we may have caused you during your stay in our hotel, and we do appreciate your review as it will help us identify our weeknesses and improve in our services to guest.

And to let you know that we are presently training our staffs to be able to deliver effective services to our guests.

Once again we apologize for our poor service and look forward to have you back here at Best Western Premier Port Harcourt Hotel and show you how much we have improved in our services.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stay here regularly when transiting to and from work and only ever for one night.

The location for me is not great as it requires a large road journey in the crowded roads of Port Harcourt the next morning to get to the helicopter base but this is just a personal thing.

The staff seem very friendly and curteous when helping with baggage and meals etc. which is nice and not something i have experienced at every hotel in this city.

The room is decent with a large bed and large tv with a nice bedroom. I would rate the room higher than i would the Novotel, which is a competitor of this hotel. One thing to ensure is the AC is actually cooling in your room. At times you may enter and the helper will turn it on to demonstrate its blowing but it may well not be cooling, check this before settling in as it led to an uncomfortable night for me on one occasion.

I cant comment on price as i have no idea what a stay costs at this place.

In terms of security i feel pretty safe in this hotel and security is a big issue in this city. I would rate it as giving the best feeling of security of all the hotels i have stayed in Port Harcourt.

All in all a decent hotel for business purposes that i would chose over others i have stayed in this city.

Room Tip: Ensure that the air conditioning is actually cooling before settling into the room!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ifeyinwa N, Front Office Manager at Best Premier Hotel & Resort Port Harcourt, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Sjb87,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel.

Your review means a lot to us. Please be assured that we will use it to better our services as the safety, comfort and satisfaction of our guests are top on our priority list. We really are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

On behalf of the Best western Premier Port Harcourt Hotel family, I wish you a very happy and prosperous New year.

Warm regards,
Ify

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I felt safe and secured during my one week stay at this facility. The entire staff were courteous, and all the public areas were kept immaculately clean, despite all the construction going on outside. The housekeeping supervisor made sure that my room was cleaned, and bed made every day, and most importantly, I was able to take a shower, at the end of each hectic day. To Ify and her staff, thank you, you were all hard working, wonderful and very hospitable. I will stay there again, and will recommend the facility to my friends and colleagues.

Eric Welle

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ifeyinwa N, Front Office Manager at Best Premier Hotel & Resort Port Harcourt, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Welle,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review about our hotel.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your review will help us improve our service to ensure the continuous satisfaction of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Exceptional service, excellent rooms and great facilities. I stayed here with 5 colleagues and had a very good experience. The boardroom is very well equipped and comfortable.
Rates are very acceptable for the destination Port Harcourt. Security very good.

Room Tip: Try the junior suite. A lot more spacious than the superior room and just a little higher price
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I traveled to Port Hart court with my team and stayed in this hotel it was very secure and comfortable stay. It was our first visit to Port Hart Court and we were concern of the security however hotel surprised us by arranging us all necessary requirements. spacious room wireless internet access make our short stay more comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wasakd
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have just returned after staying at this hotel and I found it to be very comfortable and safe. The rooms are very spacious and it had all the amenities of a star class hotel.The ambiance at the the lobby looks great, there is a separate bar and a smoking area near the restaurant.
I found the staff quite courteous. However the swimming pool was closed due to some construction going on and I believe the management is adding more rooms which is a good sign. Overall this hotel is one of the best in Port Harcourt and I am planning to visit again in the near future.

Room Tip: The rooms at the right of the elevator when you exit is quieter
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fassy J
Ifeyinwa N, Front Office Manager at Best Premier Hotel & Resort Port Harcourt, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Fassyjayah,

Let me start by thanking you for writing a review about our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your review is very much appreciated and I assure you that we will use your review to create a "memorable experience of our premier hospitality" to each of our guests.

We look forward to your next stay in our hotel.