Having just spent 4 nights at the Meridien Iles Des Pin the impression was one of disappointment.
The Meridien markets itself as a 5 star resort and the reality is that it operates as a rapacious hotel devoid of customer service.
Advertised Room Rates at Hotel Reception as of 21 April 2013
Superior Room at 66,000 CFP (approx USD$650)
Deluxe Room (Pool View) at 71,000 CFP (approx USD$700)
Deluxe Bungalow Suite at 81,000 CFP (approx USD$800)
Customers would expect service and amenities to be all inclusive. Instead hotel guests are gouged at every opportunity:
1. Airport /Hotel transfers on Le Meridien hotel bus are charged at USD$25 per guest
2. Wifi - customers are expected to pay per hour access for wifi for each device ie iPad, iPhone laptop all incur individual charge!!! (Wifi is not accessible in guests rooms and guests are expected to sit in lobby to gain access!) During my stay I overheard numerous incredulous guests arguing with front reception about wifi charges. Staff response was totally dismissive and rude. I was told by staff that as the hotel is remote they charge customers because they can!
3. guests wanting to visit most popular beaches such as Kuto Beach can expect to be charged the equivalent of USD$70 per guest to utilise hotel bus shuttle service
4. Guests can expect to be charged equivalent of USD$5 for a small bottle of water in the room - no complimentary water is provided in guests room
The hotel itself is located in a spectacular location with stunning scenery but the service and overcharging makes the experience deflating and disappointing. I personally would avoid this hotel and find hotel closer to Kuto Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise is shaped like this. Le Meridien Ile des PIns overlooks the pristine white beaches of Oro bay, just 15 minutes from the island's airport, and is nestled in a centuries old coconut grove, redolent with the scent of lush, tropical vegetation. Le paradis ressemble a cela. Le meridien Ile des Pins donne sur les plages blanches immaculees de la baie d'Oro, a seulement 15 minutes de l'aeroport et implante au coeur d'une cocoteraie seculaire, regorgeant du parfum exhale par une vegetation tropicale et luxuriante. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Ile des Pins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Ile Des Pins Hotel Ile Des Pins
- Meridien Ile Des Pins
- Ile Des Pins Meridien
- Ile Des Pins Le Meridien