All reviewsnatural poolpiscine naturellefishlow tidepaddle boatsnew caledoniastunning locationtable tennisoro bayfood qualityday tripperstropical paradisewater sportsmeal timesstayed for nightspine treesend of the day
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Wenstayed here in dec 2011. The location is easily one of the most beautiful i have stayed in and I am an experienced traveller. I fugured this is probably the most beautiful island in new caledonia. And you pay for that.

The hotwl is in a stunning location. Staff are friendly and respectful and generally forget what yiu had asked for. Reception is better but the restaurant is almost shambolic. The hotel have employed a french manager for the restaurant to help improve service. He is super efficient and has just a touch of that arrogant frenchness ( am married to a frenchman so dont take offence please)

Food in the restaurant is ok. You will think it overpriced but i went to a few other places and they were similarly priced.
Information on the island was severly lacking. Basically here if you do not arrange your own transport you are stuck paying 25 aud to go anywhere. So decide early if you wish to rent a car or a moped.
The piscine naturelle was magnificent. Rounded off a very romantic holiday.
Nice stay, thank yiu le meridien
My tip for other travellers. Book early to get value for money for the accomodation. Do a couple of excursions, decide about transport and sadly accept the food and the price that goes with it. Try to understand that getting anything to the island is an epic journey hence the price tag,

Room Tip: We stayed in the most basic room and it was one of the nicest I have stayed in. We stayed in room 51
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia L
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had read all the reviews and had properly adjusted my expectations to "island time". In fact I was looking forward to slowing down to island time. The rooms and setting are as many have written before--glorious. We were there for the very busy Christmas period and expected slow service from the kitchen. The new restaurant food and beverage manager, Dieder, was constantly pushing the staff to deliver service that seasoned travelers come to expect in 5 star hotels. The food was fantastic and we felt very well looked after.

Our children had the flu which allowed my wife and I a romantic time without children and we felt like many of the other couples there. It was very much a mix of couples and families and everyone seemed easy going and friendly.

We wanted to change our flights back to Noumea and the concierge personally went to the airport to make sure we were properly ticketed. We really enjoyed all aspects of this hotel and the Spa "massages" were great.

make sure you go to the natural pool for a snorkel. well worth the walk!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Rob T
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We had just the one day with our cruise on the Isle of Pines and booked a group package deal.
We were picked up from the beach and driven to the resort and spent the next 7 hours in luxury. We had full use of all the facilities and included lunch.
We began by meadering down the the natural tidal pool with snorkelling gear - this was the most incredible snorkelling experience! Very shallow and teaming with colourful fish of all sizes.
We headed back for lunch and we wonderfully surprised with the most sensational mix of foods in a buffet style. Desserts were exquisite.
After lunch we spent the rest of our time on the paddle boats and in the swimming pools.
They delivered us back to the ship after our day in total paradise.
Whilst the staff were extremely helpful, there was a bit of confusion with our booking, but that did not overshadow the pure beauty of the day and our experience.

2  Thank nannygoatjunction
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My partner and I enjoyed a quick weekend away in paradise on this lovely island. I think the hotel itself, which played shocking music and made it seem difficult to get a drink during the day, could be better equipped for travellers like us, but staff always seemed to try and be helpful and allow us to relax.
The buffet chef, 'the frog' is terrific, as is the amenities co-ordinator, who doesnt speak a word of english but is ever so helpful.
the room was beautiful, we had a bungalow suite near the beach. the spa was also lovely. shame there isn't more activities to do. but its all about relaxing here, dont expect to do too much but stare at the water, which is pretty marvellous if you ask me. note: when renting the paddle boats, get the ones with the yellow seats. TRUST ME

Room Tip: i wouldnt bother with the suites right on the water, a bungalow suite will do the trick nicely
2  Thank Scunder
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were given a free upgrade from a deluxe room to a deluxe bungalow and we thought we were in heaven. This resort was just the relaxing place that we needed. We thought the staff were lovely even though most only speak French we were able to get by and have a few laughs at each other as well. The resort is set in the most beautiful gardens and even though I would much prefer to swim in the lagoon out the front of the resort the swimmimg pool was also pretty special. A short walk from the resort their is a natural lagoon where the snorkelling is probably one of the best we have done. If you want a beautiful and relaxing holiday this is the place you may be looking for.

4  Thank SiandraW