“Decent milkshakes, but this is it!”

Hickory Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #19 of 27 Restaurants in Walvis Bay
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Windhoek
“Decent milkshakes, but this is it!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not being a Spur franchise fan, but I decided anyway to have a quick meal with my family and try the local Hickory Spur in Walvis Bay. It was relatively quiet, with many waitresses/waiters standing around a chatting to each other - great to share the local gossip! Customer service was surely not on their agenda. We ordered drinks, including milkshakes, which was delicious. However, this is where the our initial experience stopped. The food arrived 20 minutes later, which was reasonable, but service was staggered in ca. 10 minute intervals. Some of our diners finished their food before others received theirs - and as I mentioned, the restaurant was not busy at all. The BBQ chicken was overcooked, the burger and chips were served cold and the plate not warmed - all basics. The bacon and cheese burger was totally unappetizing, the beef patty too small (due to incineration?), the chips and onion rings cold, and so the lists goes on. I simply cannot recommend anyone visiting this establishment. Or do so at your own peril.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Desmond v

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“I'll walk a mile.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spur was rather quite during the lunch hour meaning it was only us and another person.

Their waiters need some 'spurring' on. Perhaps they were just bored due to the lack of customers?

So? I'll walk a mile to another place to have lunch with my family.

Visited May 2013
Cape Town
“Great eat out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food was great. It was a bit busy though and we had to wait a while but despite that, the service was still excellent. We had a great time and yes I would recommend a visit to them.

Visited May 2012
Walvis Bay, Namibia
“Place needs a revamp !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

this place caters for kiddies having birthday parties and for mom's and dad's taking kids for a burger & shake.
What I like about the place is their flame grilled steaks, they are really good and the reason why I go there.

Visited January 2013