“People can be fussy!”
Review of Oceans Restaurant - CLOSED

Oceans Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: COME ENJOY A COCKTAIL AS A SUNDOWNER OR AN ICE COLD BEER TO WIND DOWN.WE WILL GLADLY CATER TO ALL YOUR NEEDS - PRIVATE DINNER FOR 2 OR A BIRTHDAY/WEDDING FOR 50 GUESTS.
Walvis Bay
“People can be fussy!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I do not see the need for people to complain about Oceans. I have on numerous occasions taken both business and friends to the venue. It is one of my favourite restaurants in Walvis Bay. I find the food delicious and made to my exact liking. They cater both for the person that likes food deep fried and help junkies that do not like fat. I am a very fussy client and have not yet experienced the bad service that people complain about that I have experienced at other venues around Walvis Bay.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Walvis Bay, Erongo, Namibia
“Birthday breakfast!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We celebrated my mother in-law's 60th birthday this morning at Oceans Restaurant. Although I've arranged this with the owner before hand, I was surprised by the effort that they made with decor and special menu's etc? The food was really good and we enjoyed a lovely morning. What a lovely surprise. Thank you Oceans!

• Visited May 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Stinking Food and Service - Wanted to Vomit”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The place was a little dirty when we walked in but we thought the view was nice so decided to eat here. The prawns were disgusting looked like rotten prawns had been deep fried. The head of the first one was full of black muck and when I peeled it, it was soft and mushy inside. It was like it had been frozen thawed, left in the sun for an afternoon and refrozen. I sent back the plate and they tried to charge me for the prawn I ate, only problem was I never ate it.

My wife's kabeljou was tasty but full of half bones left there when the fish was sloppy filleted.

After discussing the issue with the manager she confessed that none of the seafood is fresh, it's bought from a company called sea pride frozen.

I must admit that everyone working there was very friendly until the complaint. I think they just don't have training on how to deal with a complaint. This place definitely deserves it current poor rating .

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Grennie47
Mercia R, Manager at Oceans Restaurant, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Sir, we wish to thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor however I would like to answer you on your complaint. 1. you came to our restaurant because the 1st restaurant you went to's kitchen was closed, 2. We had just finished our lunch rush hour when you arrived that is why it was slightly untidy, 3. Your complaint regarding the 'rotten' prawn - I disagree - as I have sent you fresh ones uncooked (to prove the freshness) which was clearly fresh. We do not defrost food in the sun and do not re-freeze any food. You did eat the prawns. Regarding the comment about Sea Pride - I merely stated that we are supplied with fresh products from them on a daily basis. They are well-known in town as the supplier for high quality seafood products.It was not the view that was appealing to you but in fact the rugby. We gladly changed the channel for you. Throughout our discussion/complaints you mentioned that it is a pity that there is no decent restaurant in WVB & SWK which I think all restaurants should feel offended by this comment.
Finally I think if you weren't under the influence of alcohol then your experience @ Oceans would have been different. I agree that you wanted to vomit but the reason was not our food but infact your inability to control your alcohol intake. Should you feel to contact me directly to sort this out please call 081 128 0300 THE OWNER Mrs Melanie van Wyk
Walvis Bay, Namibia
“Spendid setting, nothing else.”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant is situated next to "Anchors" and "The Vette Mossel" restaurant on "The Waterfront" in Walvis Bay. It is right on the jetty where the Marine cruises start and as such one have fantastic views over the bay as well as over the harbour from the seaward side, with the dunes far in the background. That is however where the positives stop. The food is mediocre and there was no service to complain about. It took three complaints to get one beer after a waiting period of 20 minutes. When the food eventually came, the orders were not correctly taken and the food was overdone and tasteless. This place will not see us again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank kuiseb
MRobberts, Public Relations Manager at Oceans Restaurant, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good day
We apologise for the experience that you had. We would gladly like to offer a free meal for 2 guests.

Please feel free to contact to arrange your booking

Mrs M Robberts