Tripadvisor
Walvis Bay
Review Highlights
Absolutely the best adventure for the holidays.

Reviewed January 23, 2020

from $58.68
from $182.93
from $62.44
More Info
All reviews quad bikes namib desert his knowledge historical tour foot prints perfect mix learned how steep dunes fauna and flora his passion plant and animal life shifting sands educational trip sweet water great fun learn how wonderful tour
Selected filters
Reviewed January 23, 2020

Cousin Fanie has great knowledge about the Kuiseb Delta and shares it with all tourists who booked for his tour. His easy manner with Seniors and young children on quad bikes is a great comfort to all

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Thank you Fanie for a great day in the Namib desert dunes. It was informative, practical and my children aged 9 - 13 had an amazing time.

Date of experience: December 2019
kuiseb, Owner at Kuiseb Delta Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Thank you 744nic2015, I am glad that your family enjoyed the tour a lot. The children always especially enjoys the quads driving through the dunes.

See you next time you visit Namibia again.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

For the second year in a row we decided to do the Kuiseb Delta Adventures Historical tour this past December, and it was even better than the first time. As with the previous year we met our guide Fanie early the morning of the excursion and got a detailed safety and technical briefing of what was to follow, after that he began with a great overview of the history and topography of the region we were going to explore ( I have yet to meet someone with as much knowledge of the region as Fanie) with that part covered we mounted our quad bikes and set of on our adventure of the day (and an adventure it is) every part of the way new and exiting fauna and flora awaits you with all their functions and some oddities explained in detail, from local wildlife to ancient footprints and bones of lost civilizations, its also not all just educational as there is some fun to be had going up and down some wonderful dunes along the way. I would recommend this trip to anyone that wishes to know more about the region and has an adventurous side. Me and my family and friends will be going back every year as this is definitely our highlight on every trip, not to mention the fact that every year the desert opens up new and exiting discoveries not seen previously. GO SEE FOR YOURSELF

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you Philip, your really gave a detailed description of your experiences on the Historian Quad Tour. It is good to read how our guests really enjoyed our excursion. I always tell our guests, this is not a tour, but an experience.

See you next time.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

What an awesome experience! Fanie's knowlege about the Kuiseb Delta, Namibian History and nature (including all plant and animal life) was exceptional.
My mother ( 60 years of age) and my daughter (age 7) had both a wonderful time.
This is a must do when you visit Namibia!

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you Dorothy, you made my day and thank you for this review, showing that our tour is enjoyed by all ages. Both of them enjoyed sliding down a 30 meter dune's slip face.

See you next time!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

This was my second time on the Historian Quadbike tour as I had to take my husband who wasn't with me the first time around. There aren't any other tours that visit this part of the desert and make it so interesting at the same time. The traditional quadbike tours near Swakopmund and Long Beach are just quadbike tours, this is much more than that.

Fanie explains what this area looked like many years ago and how it changed since then. We learn about how the animals (buffalo, elephant, antelope and many more) and people survived in an area now covered by a sea of dunes. We explore the remnants of the past life and responsibly examine old graveyards, discovering ancient skeletons which are slowly coming to the surface as the wind carries the sand in different directions. The interesting part is that the second time I took the tour different skeletons were revealed (I took the tour about 4 years apart). Fanie also prides himself in being accurate about the information he passes on and consults with experts where necessary. His aim is to educate and preserve this region which not many locals know about.

We enjoyed the tour thoroughly, not only for the insight but also for a chance to do some quad biking in the desert.

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you Corinna for this excellent review, prescribing some of the ancient sights that you experienced. I always try to show new things when people do my tour for a second or consecutive time. The fast moving dunes help me in this a great way as they expose new things all the time.

See you next time.