“Absolutely Fabulous”

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I had a fab time. We had no idea what to expect. Fanie enthusiastically guided us to different locations in the desert and told us so many interesting things about the desert and its history. While learning amazing things my husband totally enjoyed on the thrill of the quad bikes and I learned to love going down those steep dunes.
We both loved it and would recommend the tour any time.

Visited September 2013

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The best reason to come to Namibia”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were recommended to Fanie (the owner/operator of Kuiseb Delta Adventures) on our first visit to Namibia last year. We built our whole trip this year around the day we would spend with him.
The experience is wonderful.
The quad bikes are fun, easy and exhilarating - coming down the face of a monster sand dune is great! But the experience is much much more than just an adrenaline rush. Fanie is an expert in all the desert has to offer - and there is a lot to offer: the history; the flora and fauna; and a deep understanding of his constantly shifting environment.
The whole trip lasted six hours - cold and bracing to begin with, baking hot and sweaty by the time it ended as the sun was fierce.
I can't recommend this tour highly enough. Fanie is passionate about his desert ... the trouble is, there is no one to take on the task after him.
Go soon!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank AstonJag
Swakopmund
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“environmentally sensitive, educational and fun”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my third tour with Fanie du Preez and this time I took along my teenage grandson. We both had a great experience. My grandson loved finding the skeleton remains, footprints and desert wildlife plus of course the quadbike adventure. For me, each time I have learned something new and interesting, I love the landscape and my driving skills are improving! Fanie's passion is contagious, his knowledge and stories enlightening and humourous - he is a great guide. I have recommended the Historian Tour to several friends and all who took the opportunity were delighted with the experience.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Angela H
Windhoek, Windhoek, Namibia
“Desert Historian Tour with Kuiseb Delta Adventures”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This tour was a wonderful combination of adventure and historical information about Namib Desert. Fanie du Preez shared his knowledge of the formation and changing environment of these desert sand dunes and the inhabitants, both human and animal, that live there. The quad bikes are an exciting way to get around the area and Fanie offered a safe and satisfying adventure that should be part of your visit to the Atlantic coast of Namibia.

Visited August 2013
shanghai
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“what a fun way to learn about the desert”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

loved this tour... from the safety lessons of downhill braking to whizzing over the dunes, finding human and not so human remains, the bugs, the plants, the footprints, donkey carts, digging for water and especially the chickens sprinting (yes really!) towards us at the Topnaar home visit. Fabulous. worth every cent. The guide really makes sure that everyone enjoys the time spent from the nervous nellies to the invincibles. Passion and love for his "work" is obvious and appreciated. Go and see for yourself.

Visited May 2013