Review Highlights
Superb scenic view over the Namib Desert and Swakopmund

Whilst touring Namibia for over 2 weeks and staying at Swakopmund for 2 nights during tour, I... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2019
sourosircar
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Excelente!

It is an amazing experience. spectacular scenery. The pilots are very good and great... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2019
Curruk

Recommended experiences in and around Swakopmund
from $94.48
from $56.42
from $30.77
from $94.48
More Info
All reviews great pilot skeleton coast namib desert two hours sossusvlei dunes hour flight experienced pilot walvis bay amazing flight an amazing experience salt pans once in a lifetime sandwich harbour day trip diamond cessna flamingos
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2019

I was persuaded to sign up to this trip by our guide who said that it was a wonderful experience so I capitulated against my better judgement and agreed to go on the flight. I wasn’t told the name of the company or saw details of the Ts and Cs - yes my own fault but I was on holiday! We arrived at the airport and I was allocated the seat next to the pilot which I was delighted about. Unfortunately there was a German family on the flight and the daughter asked if I would change seats with her father who was sitting behind the pilot. I responded that it was not up to me as it was a question of weight distribution. The pilot confirmed that if I was prepared to swap seats he had no problem. Being a stupid Brit I agreed. The seat was so cramped so even only being 164 cm I could not move my legs. The bucket seat was very well worn and after 2.5hrs my coccyx was very bruised. There were no headphones, we were just given a sheet of paper with points 1-10 and the pilot just said the number. The scenery was quite impressive but it could have been done in one hour. The shipwrecks were not impressive, the abandoned diamond mines were non descript. The seals and flamingos would have been interesting to see but we were too high to really see them. There was no fresh air and it did get hotter and hotter and very uncomfortable. I was delighted to get back on terra firma to be able to recover from the unpleasant experience.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

It is an amazing experience. spectacular scenery.
The pilots are very good and great professionals.
Thanks!

Date of experience: October 2019
344jfb, Manager at Eagle Eye Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2019

We are so happy you enjoyed your flight with us !

Reviewed October 14, 2019

This was a huge and expensive disappointment; and most importantly it took an afternoon away from enjoying other activities in Swakopmund. In retrospect, I wish we had spent our time more wisely. Be forewarned - If you sit on the left side of the plane (behind the pilot) you are going to miss the highlights; you will see lots of sand and lots of ocean. We were told we could ask the pilot to swing around for better views but unfortunately the request was granted only once. If you sit in the back row, your knees will be into your chest and good luck trying to move around even a little bit. The response I was given by the pilot after the flight: “I don’t understand why you say you didn’t see anything - you had a window”. Thanks! Frankly, we felt like ballast for the passengers selected for the co-pilot seat and other seat on the right. The pilot made little effort to maneuver the plane so the left side could get some direct views of the sights. Sadly, when faced with a disappointed customer, the pilot’s snarky response was to cite all his past accolades from satisfied customers - bet they all sat on the right side of the plane! Maybe listening to the customer could improve service no? Or is it that once the money is paid you don’t care? Customer beware!
Also, rather than using hand gestures, how about headphones to communicate with the passengers?
Should we keep going?
GSC

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

We had an unbelievable day trip to Sossusvlei with pilot Braam yesterday. We met at 5:30am and left the air strip at 7am, flying over the Namib Desert as the sun rose as a huge pink ball in the sky. After an hour of flying over the most incredible varying landscape, we landed at the Sossusvlei Desert Lodge where we were picked up and driven 65 km (very windy!) to the dunes. A boxed breakfast and a blanket were provided for each of us. We stopped along the way where Werner, the driver and lead guide, pointed out some spots of interest. In Sossusvlei we climbed “Big Daddy” and the other guide accompanied us. It was hot and hard hiking up the sand dune, and our shoes quickly filled with sand, but it was totally worth it! Those who made it to the summit were rewarded with the most spectacular view over the dunes, and then got to moon jump all the way down. Incredible experience. We then drove back to the lodge and by then it was so warm and windy out that we now know what clothes feel like when they’re being tossed around in the dryer! A buffet lunch was waiting for us (drinks not included) and then we flew back to Walvis Bay along the Skeleton Coast, which took 1.5 hours. We saw endless miles of sand dunes in various hues, abandoned diamond mines, ancient shipwrecks, salt pans, pink flamingoes, marine fog and more.

I balked at the price, but it was worth every penny. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that our family will never forget. And a big thank you to Braam for being such a great pilot!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank flyingfingers-7
344jfb, Manager at Eagle Eye Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2019

This was due to be one of the highlights of our tour to see the Skeleton Coast and we understood everyone gets a good view. This is just not true.
We were in a group of seven and loaded by weight with the two biggest men in the second row under the wing and by order of boarding I ended up on the left hand side. The flight starts by going South with most scenery on the right hand side, it then crosses to the west with some sand dunes on both sides but not the most exciting of them. Then the flight is north over the coast with all the scenery on the right hand side. Due to the wing struts and size of the man in the seat on my right I could not see a great deal and as a keen photographer I found it very difficult to get any shots of the key sights. At £300 a head I would question the value but people on the right were generally happy.
You should also note that in a 7 seat plane you are strapped in all the time with little leg room so very uncomfortable for a six foot person, and although this was winter the cabin became very hot. there are no headphones so very little can be heard from the pilot just the number of the place on a small map handed out before departure.

Date of experience: July 2019

We do apologise for your unpleasant flight. We will take your views into consideration.

Have a wonderful day !