Eagle Eye Aviation
Review Highlights
Superb scenic view over the Namib Desert and Swakopmund

Whilst touring Namibia for over 2 weeks and staying at Swakopmund for 2 nights during tour, I... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2019
sourosircar
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
Amazing afternoon

First time in a small plane and hopefully will not be the last! Brilliant 2 1/2 flight from... read more

Reviewed November 14, 2019
David D
Purley, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Swakopmund
from $105.18
from $56.42
from $30.77
Eco Dune Tour
84 Reviews
from $51.00
More Info
All reviews great pilot skeleton coast namib desert two hours experienced pilot hour flight walvis bay sand dunes salt pans an amazing experience once in a lifetime sandwich harbour day trip diamond plane cessna sossusvlei
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2018

Even thought it might a bit expensive, I would like to recommend the scenic route going down until Sossuslvei and coming back up on the coast. The views you will get on that flight a simply amazing !!!!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank alistaird8992
344jfb, Owner at Eagle Eye Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2019

Thank you for flying with us. Happy to hear you liked the flight.

Reviewed July 3, 2018

We couldn't see the landscape clearly due to too high altitude and the same direction and the pilot made us feel unsafety since he craned his neck to look forward to another plane flying with us. It looks like he's not sure about our route and uncomfortable with the flying. The people on the left side only could see the ocean but not the famous desert meets the sea. The pilot explained to us that we were run out of time so that he couldn't change the angle for the left side passengers. We did show up on time and all of us pay the same money but with different experience. Besides, he pointed out his flying hours is 600hours less than the other pilot so he could not lower the altitude and change angle comfortably. The quality of each flight has too much variance. I sincerely do NOT recommend it.

Date of experience: June 2018
4  Thank sabrina c
Reviewed May 16, 2018

We booked 2 seats for the Sossusvlei flight in April 2018. Upon booking, we specifically asked if Eagle Eye Aviation could guarantee that we could both sit in the middle of the aircraft. We said that we would not book if it was not the case. When we arrived at the aircraft (after having paid 100%), we asked again to be seated in the middle. The pilot told us that it was impossible for safety reasons. Either my husband or I had to sit at the back. My husband decided that he would be the one going at the back as I was pregnant. He ended up throwing up his entire lunch after half of the trip. We have sent an email to Eagle Eye Aviation asking for a discount as they could not commit to what they had guaranteed upon booking. We never received an answer. Before deciding to book with them, just make sure it is not a problem for you to sit at the back as you cannot trust what they tell you in advance.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank SandrineP1508
Reviewed March 29, 2018

scenic flight made to pay for 5 people but only 4 of us going then second pilot sat in next to main pilot so he could get his hours flight up but we had paid for this seat but no fare paying passenger could sit in it asked for a refund of this so 4 people paid for 4 seats this was refused and emailed back to say legal action would taken if we said anything about this and no more emails would be answered.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Janice C
JF B, General Manager at Eagle Eye Aviation, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Miss Janice Colvin. As I recall, from your husband's email dating back 17th May 2017, you received a 20% discount on the seat price. Your flight was on the 29th April 2017.

Please see your husband, Mr. Ray Bull's emails:

11/05/2017
"Dear sir
If do not hear from you in a week I will contacting trip adviser as I said
in my email to you"

12/05/2017
"Please reply asap as we are sure your company does not want any adverse publicity on Trip Adviser the Namibian tourist board and any other organisations."

Yet here we are, so hope you feel better about yourself.

After numerous email and explanations, untrue alligations, hatefull speach and threats received, please inform me when you plan to visit us again for the wonderfull flight that you enjoyed.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

My husband booked a scenic flight over Skeleton coast with Eagle Eye. They have nice aircrafts, great pilots, nice tour. However, we could not hear the pilot since they do not provide headsets to their passengers.

Date of experience: May 2017