“Scenic flight”

Eagle Eye Aviation
Ranked #18 of 42 Tours in Swakopmund
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Eagle Eye Aviation is a Swakopmund, Namibia based aircraft operator that specialises in Scenic Flights accros the Namib Desert to Sossusvlei and along the Skeleton coast of Namibia.
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

High quality,friendly welcome and briefing.Skeleton coast flight was an amazing experience.
Safe and unforgettable. Pilot informed us about the route, highlighted places. Must do!

All reviews
"airstrip"
"seals"
"shipwrecks"

Reviewed July 16, 2016

We went on the Skeleton coast scenic flight with Eagle Eye Aviation. They were very professional. The pilot explained the route to us before the flight and during the flight they communicated with us regarding the locations. This was an unforgettable experience. The prices were really fair and I would most certainly go on the other routes.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

My family of four did the 2.5hour long scenic sossusvlei flight with Eagle Eye Aviation and must say we had a swell of a time!

We were slightly worried in the morning with the strong winds going on in Swakopmund that the flight would be cancelled in the afternoon. Johan from EEA was extremely responsive with his emails, which made the entire booking process a lot more seamless and fret free.

As arranged we were picked up from our accommodation and taken to the airfield, where the trusty pilot gave us a quick briefing. I've read the reviews before hand, and prepped by travelling group that the flight would get hot and perhaps slightly turbulent. The heat was present but not unbearable, and I found myself carried away by the sights seen instead!

There isn't a particular side that is better for the views than another, although the seat on the right gets a larger proportion of the desert view than the seat on the left. The pilot was great at ensuring both sides of the aircraft had a fair share of the views. I thought this was a perfect finish to our Sossusvlei experience, having seen it on land the day before.

This could possibly be the best scenic flight we've ever done, and certainly will recommend it to anyone travelling to Swakopmund! The only flipside is that it certainly costs quite a bit, as the entire plane has to be chartered. This is great if you're travelling in a small group of 5, but possibly not ideal if you're travelling alone.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

I booked our scenic flight with Eagle Eye Aviation six weeks in advance, because I knew we would be on a tight schedule and I wanted to surprise my boy friend for his birthday. At first, Johan from Eagle Eye appeared to be very friendly and he contacted me various times to confirm the flight. Two days before the flight was scheduled, I received an email suggesting that we could take the flight with some other people, which would lower the costs. We agreed. However, to our suprise, we then received an email that 'the weather conditions were bad', so that we had to reschedule. Of course, this wasn't true, since the weather was excellent and we could see many scenic flights departing from the airport. When confronted with this fact, Johan admitted that he already had given our seats to another couple. Since we were in Swakopmund for only one day, he could not provide us with another option. When asked for other options, he never replied nor did he apologize.

7  Thank JM H
See more reviews
Reviewed April 26, 2016 via mobile

We had never done a scenic flight before, and this trip exceeded all expectations. We did the 2.5 hours one to sossusvlei in the afternoon. To see the dunes and the scale of the desert was awe inspiring!
The flight felt very safe. I would say the best seat for pictures was the rear right hand side one, but you need to take care when composing your shots not to get the reflection from the glass. That said I got a few clear shots, but to be honest, it's the experience that will live with me forever.
The plane was warm, but hey you're traveling in a small metal box in full sunlight over a desert! Wear light clothes and fan yourself with the safety card! We were also given water on take off.
Highly recommended