“Perfect place to stay!”

Desert Villa Guesthouse
Ranked #16 of 50 Swakopmund B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at Desert Villa Guesthouse for one night with a friend on our whirlwind of a long-weekend in Namibia in December 2013. We still talk about the place and are determined to make a comeback sometime soon. The ladies in charge looked after us very well and helped us organise everything we wanted to do in Swakopmund during our very short stay. (Another must do is a quad bike safari in the dunes!) The guesthouse is located close to the dunes and within walking distance from everywhere you would want to go in Swakop. If it's too far, I am sure the hosts will come up with a solution to get you there. Namibia is absolutely amazing and staying at Desert Villa made it even better!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Desert Villa G, Owner at Desert Villa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Hi Girl
Was fantastic having you girls here, just tooooooo short. Happy you enjoyed it, and I know you will be back.
Guesthouse regards Yvonne & Suzette

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was the first time since I am in Namibia that I met such nice and warm people. The hotel is excellent. We stayed in a famiy room because it was a girls outing but I had the chance to see other rooms and they are very nicely decorated and confortable. The matresses were the best I had since a long time. Breakfast is just like any breakfast you get in a 4 Star hotel or even better according to whast I tried before. The atmosphere of this hotel is simply the best. They have a fridge at the entrance and very close to a leisure area in the garden which invites you to have a drink sitting in their luscious garden. The hotel is a bed and breakfast but you can get simple meals if you are feeling lazy and don't feel like going out. The hotel is very well situated, it's within walking distance from the jetty - pier and also close to the town centre. I will return to this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor have a window to the sky - marvelous if you love to look at the sky at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Located just 8 minutes walk to downtown, or 8 minutes to the beach, this GH has a good location.
The 2 lovely sisters are well organized and their accommodation lacks for nothing.
Plenty of counter space in the rooms, good reading lights, subtle decor and both delicious breakfasts and dinners. On arrival we had a lovely roast pork, brown potatoes, cauliflower with cheese sauce and a local pudding cake made with apricot jam and honey and served with a scoop of ice cream. The dinners are very well priced.
And a grassing sitting area with local birds for quiet reading. A great find.
As an added plus, these 2 ladies are wonderfully good at booking accommodations around Namibia, and the budget places to, as they are well traveled.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Swakopmund may not be the most thrilling, bustling City in Africa but it´s well worth a visit. Inspite the first impression there are many things to do. I stayed for a week and my problem was not being bored but not having enough time for all the things I wanted to do. Staying at Desert Villa Guesthouse didn´t help in this respect because Ivonne and Zusette have a truckload of ideas and suggestions on what to do in your spare time. They also know Swakopmund well enough to make recommendations of all sorts. I wanted to have my hair cut for example and the girls told me not only where to go but also where not to go if I didn´t wanna be ripped off.
Within minutes after my Arrival I was adopted into the Desert Villa Guesthouse Family. I felt welcome and safe.
Why do People stay at Hotels and guesthouses? Because they Need a place to sleep, eat and drink. I slept very well at this place and as Ivonne always said: "Whoever leaves this place hungry, it´s their own fault."

Room Tip: The guesthouse is located pretty central and Close to the road to Walvis Bay. So it doesn´t really m...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had a fantastic time in the Desert Villa Guesthouse. The room was beautiful, spotless clean and quiet. The breakfast was opulent and Yvonne and Suzette were the perfect hosts, providing us with inside tips of what to do and where to go. We will certainly come again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Thanks for having me at your guesthouse!

The rooms, food and location were perfect!

And the hosts Yvonne and Suzette were extremely helpful and accommodating... I will definitely be back! I am letting my family and friends know they should stay at Desert Villa when in Swakopmund!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Desert Villa G, Owner at Desert Villa Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are "so happy" that you enjoyed your stay.
Wishing you all the best with your Namibian Market and we are looking forward to your family and friends visiting Swakopmund.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at the Desert Villa Guesthouse during my time in Swakopmund last February. Yvonne and Suzette are great ladies that truly do their best to please you! The place is very clean and quite affordable. The staff also are very nice. Their breakfasts and diners are excellent. You really can't go wrong if you choose to sleep there! I will definitely go there again if I ever come back to Swakopmund!

Stephane from Canada.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

It was fanatic having you here with us and meeting some of your friends. Cant wait for your next Visit and hope it will be soon!