“great experience near swapokmund”
Review of Desert Explorers

Desert Explorers
Ranked #1 of 44 things to do in Swakopmund
london
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“great experience near swapokmund”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

brilliant experiences we did an one hour drive into the dessert just outside Swakopmund in the sand dunes. great

Visited December 2013

31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We were initially upset, because they forgot about our booking and therefore didn't pick us up. After we called desert Explorers, they send warren out to come get us, so an hour later we were picked up by him, and he had a very bad attitude. We were ready to cancel, but my husband said we should still go. When we got there, we asked for a different guide. They were were helpful and willing to accommodate our request. We got on the quad bikes, and our adventure began. It is quit overwhelming to be surrounded only by the dunes and its simple beauty. The 2 hours flew by quickly. If you have experience, ask for a 250cc manual bike. If you have no previous experience, don't worry, ask for a 125 cc automatic quad bike. The also offer camel rides, which are not in the brochure, but quite a novelty , however uncomfortable , experience. I will recommend them highly.

Visited December 2013
Twickenham
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Worth every dollar”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We did the two-hour trip and it was just right. Get the guide to show you how to ride one of 250cc as you'll have more fun.

Visited November 2013
New Delhi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have done quad biking before so that was OK. What blew me away was the desert. It was huge and endless

Visited October 2013
Where I am
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Did the two hour quad bike excursion with Desert Explorers with two friends. It was just the three of us and our guide Helmut (sp?). I was the only inexperienced one in the group and may have slowed us down just a tad at the beginning. A ride on the back of Helmut's bike though made me understand the principles of quad biking and I soon managed to keep the bike going at full speed (and keep up with my friends). We all had a fabulous time and would have happily stayed out there longer.

Visited September 2013