“Desert Explorers - The quad biking was great, but the manageress needs work.”
Review of Desert Explorers

Desert Explorers
Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Swakopmund
Hermanus, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Desert Explorers - The quad biking was great, but the manageress needs work.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had booked an 4x4 Eco Tour with Outback Orange for 4 adults and were a little worried when on our arrival in Swakopmund we were unable to contact them to confirm our booking. So, we were pleased to see a combi arrive at our lodging to pick us up as promised, but also a little confused that the combi belonged to Desert Explorers.
We only discovered on arriving at the Desert Explorers office that they had taken over Outback Orange, but neither had bothered to inform us of this event.
We proceeded to sign in, but when we got to the payment stage we were informed that the price was N$900 per dune buggy, and not the N$500 per dune buggy quoted by Outback Orange.
When I queried the increased price the manageress was called. Luckily I had all my correspondence with Outback Orange with me, and after looking at it she proceeded to tell me that I would have to make a compromise on the price. When I replied that it is generally accepted that one pays the price quoted, she proceeded to throw my paperwork in my face and stomp off in a huff after reluctantly and rudely conceding that we should pay the original price we were quoted by Outback Orange. At no stage was I rude to her, (my husband and friends can attest to this), and I was quite astonished that someone in her position could behave in such a manner.
The rest of the morning was fabulous. Our guide did well to find all manner of little creatures for us in the dunes and we had such fun driving up and down and around the dunes. Their normal price of N$900 for a dune buggy seating 2 people is probably good value for money, so we were lucky to get the outing for N$500 per dune buggy.
I would like to ask Desert Explorers to pay more attention to their equipment as some quad bikes kept on cutting out and our friend's dune buggy was overheating. Also, please give your office manageress some lessons in customer relations and manners.

Visited October 2012

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If quad biking and sand are your thing, this is a must!
Some scary stuff going on the slip-face of a dune, but your instructor takes it easy. The scenes are unbelievably beautiful. If you are scared of quad bikes (reasons to be scared are abound - if you fall you will get hurt), then don't do this. If you like a bit of adrenalin, do it soon!

Visited October 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our guide Martin was patient and outstanding. Pleasant, good sense of humour an absolute pleasure. The sand boarding was really fantastic. Will do again if I visit again

Windhoek, Namibia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sports”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

the quad biking was absolute fun, fun, fun. A great adventurous experience, the kids loved it and I think everybody should do this. make you feel free and part of nature.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Dunes experience only in Namibia!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Brilliant experience, had group drive with lots of exitement on our way through the dunes ! The guide was good, lots of information on our drive, very informative.