“excellent is not enough Jan Erna Patrick Mieke Hilde Hugo”
Review of Namib Guesthouse

Namib Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 50 Swakopmund B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2012

For guesthouses like The Namib Guesthouse, an "excellent rating " is never enough.....
We, 3 couples of young adults celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, we had the pleasure to spend 2 nights in the guesthouse of Silke, the most charming lady of Swakopmund. The weather was rather cold and misty, but the minute we arrived, we were extremely charmed by Silke's very warm welcome.
The rooms were extremely clean, the breakfast made us feel like being at home.... everything she did, she did with a warm and tender smile : making reservations in restaurants and catamaran boats, drawing maps for supermarkets etc etc ! She even forced UPS to deliver forgotten binoculars more than 500km in the heart of Namibia, again, everything with a smile, as if it were her own binoculars.... Professionally i already spent some years of my life in different "star rated hotels", but i can only advise the Marriot and Hilton managers to go to school in The Namib Guesthouse in Swakopmund to learn the real way of receiving guests in a warm atmosphere.... To be short : this was the top of our 14-days stay in different luxurous lodges in Namibia.

Dear Silke : once again, thx for everything, and if ever you would decide to come to Europe, please, you are always welcome in Belgium ! Just give me a call : 0032 475/ 31.02.93.

We really hope to meet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Pelgrims

Room Tip: to choose a good room : don't search for other hotels or guesthouses in Swakopmund, just come to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, before leaving Namibia. Lovely bedroom and bathroom and you could regulate the water temperature in the shower. The beds were really comfortable and a touch of luxury after nearly three weeks travelling.
We'd had problems with our return flight, but they helped us to receive emails and to check in online.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
NamibGuesthouse, Owner at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Pam186361,
thank you for your postive feedback. It always a pleasure to read about a comfortable stay at the guesthouse. We hope you had a good jouney back. Thank you for stayig with us.
Sunny greetings
Nicoletta

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband, myself and my daughter spent 3 delightful days and nights at this stylish and modern guesthouse. Silke and Nicci went out of their way to accomodate us and ensure that we enjoyed our stay. Nothing was too much trouble. The luxurious, beautifully decorated rooms clinched the deal. Would love to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear lovely. We stayed in Room No 1 and were very happy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ngossow, Owner at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Magicladybird,
thank you for response and what a positive one it is :)
We enjoyed having you at the guesthouse. A thank you to your daughter for sending us the link to her site with all the wonderful photos she took! I should have asked her to take some more of the guesthouse :)
We do hope to be able to greet you again in charming Swakopmund.
Greetings
Nicky

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We visited Namib Guest House in May, it was a fanatstic stay, the location, the decoration, the hardware and the services we experienced just so excellent! I have been travelling around the far east for my business and staying in a lot of 5-6 stars hotels, Namib Guest House provided the best stay!

My family enjoyed the whole experience as Nicky the owner and her staffs made this possible! Thank you all and we will be back soon!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jessie C,
thank you for taking the time to write a review - and what a positive response this is! I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay we look forward to welcoming you to Swakopmund again.
Sunny greetings from far away
Nicky

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've stayed twice now at the Namib Guesthouse in Swakopmund. Nicky and her team run an excellent operation -- clean and beautifully decorated rooms, delicious breakfast and very friendly service. My two young daughters felt totally at home in this warm and welcoming inn. Very close to everything in town. Excellent value for the price. We'll have many return visits in the coming years, I'm sure!

Room Tip: If you have a family -- ask for the suite -- sleeps two adults & two children perfectly. Could...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ngossow, Manager at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Lima Expat,
thank you for your excellent review - and yes you are booked again to stay with us - looking forward to seeing you wonderful family again!
Sunny greetings from Swakopmund
Nicky & Silke

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Wonderful location close to Swakopmund Central area. Beautiful setting with well decorated rooms. Silke the manager went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and helped out with alot of information and bookings. Breakfast was well organized and orders were delivered in a timely manner. Highly recommended if you are visiting Swakop.

Room Tip: Go for Room 1 which is the Luxury room, its bigger and has both bathtub and shower.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Wema34
ngossow, Owner at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear Wema,
thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a feedback on Namib Guesthouse We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. With sunny regards from Swakopmund Silke & Nicky

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I recently spent a month in Swakopmund, Namibia. My trip was at short notice so I had to find a place to stay for the duration which was pretty difficult with only 2 days notice. The folks at the Namib guest house luckily had accomodation for me so I booked it. When I arrived I found the guesthouse to be quite a surprise. The rooms were modern and very comfortable with all the amenities that I needed for the duration of my stay. With the main town only a couple of blocks away it was an easy walk to the restaurants and pubs for a meal which made it very handy. Nicky the owner and Silke the manager where absolutely awesome, they looked after me very well and did everything possible to make my stay as homely and comfortable as possible. I would recommend the Namib Guesthouse to anyone who wants a clean, quiet and friendly place to stay. Thankyou ladies I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Dear Scruffa,
we wish to thank you for your excellent feedback and the fact that you booked with us again says it all :) We strive to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Greetings from Swakopmund Silke & Nicky