“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #7 of 49 Swakopmund B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Wonderful location close to Swakopmund Central area. Beautiful setting with well decorated rooms. Silke the manager went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and helped out with alot of information and bookings. Breakfast was well organized and orders were delivered in a timely manner. Highly recommended if you are visiting Swakop.

Room Tip: Go for Room 1 which is the Luxury room, its bigger and has both bathtub and shower.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wema34
ngossow, Owner at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Wema,
thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a feedback on Namib Guesthouse We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. With sunny regards from Swakopmund Silke & Nicky

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I recently spent a month in Swakopmund, Namibia. My trip was at short notice so I had to find a place to stay for the duration which was pretty difficult with only 2 days notice. The folks at the Namib guest house luckily had accomodation for me so I booked it. When I arrived I found the guesthouse to be quite a surprise. The rooms were modern and very comfortable with all the amenities that I needed for the duration of my stay. With the main town only a couple of blocks away it was an easy walk to the restaurants and pubs for a meal which made it very handy. Nicky the owner and Silke the manager where absolutely awesome, they looked after me very well and did everything possible to make my stay as homely and comfortable as possible. I would recommend the Namib Guesthouse to anyone who wants a clean, quiet and friendly place to stay. Thankyou ladies I will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ngossow, Owner at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Scruffa,
we wish to thank you for your excellent feedback and the fact that you booked with us again says it all :) We strive to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Greetings from Swakopmund Silke & Nicky
USA
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Opened two months ago, Namib Guesthouse is a chic new B&B that is styled and looks like a 5 star hotel, with personalized service. The interior design is fabulous, the solar heated water yummy and hot and the beds cushy and welcoming. The breakfast is also really healthy and inviting. Silke, who helps manage the place with owner Nikki, is very very helpful and had lots of useful tips for us. She booked our marine cruise, helped us find a good quad biking place, and made dinner reservations for us (at the Tug which is a winning A+ restaurant in my books). My husband was also quite appreciative of the DSTV in the rooms and the WiFi given how cold it was in Swakopmund when we got there.

We had a small hiccup with our water, but the lengths that the Silke and Nikki went to to resolve the issue speaks to the quality of service at the place.

I would recommend this place to everyone. It is a cool 10 mins walk to the middle of downtown Swakopmund. The pictures on the website are exactly how the rooms look like in real life - so you will not be disappointed. WILL stay here for sure on our next vacation to Swakopmund.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ngossow, Manager at Namib Guesthouse, responded to this review, September 10, 2011
Our dear guests from Kenya, thank you so much for the positive review. I still wish Swakopmund would have presented itself with better weather than it did. Things are developing well here at Namib Guesthouse and Silke is keeping an interesting telly of our variety of guets we've had. Please send our regards to your husband - and we hope to greet you again at Namib Guesthouse. Regards from all of us here, Silke & Nicky