“The place where you have to visit for the dinner”
Review of Jetty 1905

Jetty 1905
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Swakopmund
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on Swakopmund's historical iron Jetty which, after being closed for 10 years was renovated and reopened to the public by The Lighthouse Group on 6 August 2010. Breathtaking views looking back from the Atlantic ocean to land, or out to sea. A varied menu serving seafood dishes, sushi, steaks and more. Perfect for that romantic date or special occasion. A must for every visitor to Swakopmund
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I've been there second time. Second and will be more. The location on the pier, rural and nice atmosphere and really nice Ocean view. Sundowner dinner there is amazing expirience. Nice and tasty cuisine, excellent service. Very good selection of wines, beers. Tasty and fresh oysters, sushi, fish and meat.
If you are making a booking select the table in the end of restaurant, left corner. Most spectacular Ocean view there!
I'll be back for sure :-) with more tourists.

1  Thank nowakadventuretravel
There are newer reviews for Jetty 1905

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Went there for lunch and was given a table near the door because, I was told, all the other ones were reserved. Ordered the food and waited and waited and waited. There was complete chaos being acted out behind the glass screen at the serving hatch. It took almost an hour for the food to arrive. When it did it was very enjoyable. I left close to closing time. About a quarter of the "reserved" tables had been taken so either they have a high no-show rate or they were never reserved in the first place. As I was paying at the desk, the waiter came over and noticed I had been charged twice for something but the desk attitude seemed to be too bad, the transactions already gone through. No offer to give me a refund in cash, just a shrug of the shoulders. It was only N$20 - about €2 - and I was running late because of their slowness so just let it go. I don't think I'll be going back again no matter how good the food.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visited Jetty 1905 in January, made reservation that night and when we got there was already quite busy. Waiter came around and took our drink order, they arrived quickly but after we ordered our meals it took over 1 hour before the entree appeared. It only appeared after we had complained at least twice about how long it was taking. Staff seemed to show little concern or interest and did not even apologise for delay. When meal arrived it was only just warm - asked for it to be reheated. In hindsight we should have left because it took another 50 minutes for the mains to arrive. Food was reasonable but not worth the wait. Asked to speak to the manager but he seemed to be not interested in our complaints.

Overall a disappointing experience.

Save yourself the walk along the pier and go to The Tug restaurant

1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I left Namibia and we had our last lunch here on the Pier. It is a fabulous Restaurant with a very good and affordable menu. The view at the Town from behind the waves is fantastic. It is also a very popular Restaurant judging by the constant flow of patrons to the end of the Pier. A definite visit when you are there. I went back on my next business trip.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went here expecting a typical [touristy] pier restaurant and was thrilled that it exceeded my expectations. I took a window seat to look out over the Atlantic and ordered the fish & chips. What I got was the best fish dinner I have had anywhere in the world. It was flawless -- taste, presentation, generous portion. I highly recommend this place! The service was a bit slow at times, but the staff were always friendly.