“best food in namibia”

The Wreck Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 82 Restaurants in Swakopmund
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated on the second floor of the Beach Lodge, with uninterrupted sea-views, beautifully presented delicious food with attentive service in an elegant environment, the Wreck Restaurant offers one of the best restaurant venues in Swakopmund.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Everything you have here will be amazing:)
service spot on! waitress was very attentive and spot on with her suggestions from the really interesting menu.
really cosy and intimate setting. great view. but more on the food. As a chef myself I must say this has been my top dining experience and we were very impressed with the Chef, Anthony.
I would definitely recommend this to everyone visiting swakopmund.
great restaurant, wonderful service and AMAZING food!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The wreck had been highly recemonded to us. The food was average. The view was ok but after the sun goes down not much to see. The prawns did not have much flavor and were over cooked.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Verry classy and cosy Restaurant on the beachfront. The views of the waves breaking on the beach adds to the ambiance of the Restaurant. The menu has a wide variety of options and the pricing is not too bad either.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The food was okay. I ordered jumbo shrimp and was shocked to find them whole, which made me slightly queasy. Should note that I am a picky eater, and to anyone with a solid stomach, the food was lovely.

1  Thank Ghosttoast
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We explained our food requirements to the waiter and he wrote them down. But when our food arrived, it was full of the ingredient that gives us indigestion. If it had been a food allergy, the fact that they ignored our requirements would have been very dangerous. The waiter seemed unconcerned, but the manager took it seriously. I also asked them to prepare my food without salt, but it came out so salty that I could not eat it.
This is an elegant restaurant, but the food preparation and service leave a lot to be desired.

1  Thank Judy K