“Old World Charm”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2013

From the moment that we walked in we felt relaxed and welcome. The charm of the place really comes through. The breakfast and all the other meals we had at the hotel were great they also told us that they are “Pet Friendly” if we make arrangement in advance they will accommodate our two dogs. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. You very close to the beach and the public swim area you can walk or in our case cycle there in a couple of minutes.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the Hansa, but I can see why some reviewers did not like it.

The decor, menu and surroundings are designed to be what the town actually is, a German colonial town from nearly a century ago. I found the choices of fish and game both good and interesting - the game in the real sense of zebra, springbok, etc, and fish are local and fresh

My starter of scallops and mussels was particularly good. For the main course my wife had ostrich and I had a local fish, kingklip.

OK the decor was "old fashioned" but it was meant to be German colonial. The service was formal, but that was what was intended,

We paid $ 35 a head for and excellent meal. I would certainly return here.

I you are considering eating at the Hansa, then do read the reviews to determine if it is for you. Me, my advice is to try it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

As we were staying for a few nights at the Hansa Hotel, we decided to take the easy way out our first evening and try the dining room at the hotel. As previous comments by tripadvsior reviewers noted, the menu is rather odd to say the least - had some difficulty coming up with something that appealed. Food was okay, not great and service is very stiff. The atmosphere is stodgy and as the room is so big, it kind of feels like a low end cafeteria although it certainly doesn't look like one - rather it looks like what I think it is - a dining room decorated 50 years ago to appear "grand". You can do a lot better in Swakopmund.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went to the Hansa Hotel for lunch it was fantastic - very good service and food just great, atmosphere very nice can't fault it. Would definitely recommend to eat there again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Lovely menu with good service, bit of a special night out if you live in Swakop. Atmosphere can be a bit lacking if dining room quite. Very popular tourist hotel - lovely to stay at.