“Best food in Swakop!”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Some folk think it's too formal but if you're a foodie then this is the place you'll want to eat. Great amuse bouche followed by amazing seafood and a wine list that's not too pricey. Service is first class and you'll probably think it a bargain after forking out for lesser quality cuisine in London etc.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

As we enjoyed the food that much we ate two times at the Hansa. We had Impala Steak, Kudu fillet, Fish platter and soups. Everything was just fantastic. Very efficient and friendly service.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nice wine list, very nice game, well prepared. Lots of very nice dishes on the menu, so difficult to choose!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Super, super pretentious. The bottom line staff were in uniforms like doormen from a bad movie. The top men were in very nice suits and were obviously chosen for their personality. I was on my own and dressed casually so nobody bothered with me and I amused myself by watching them suck up to the apparent wealthier guests hoping for the big tip. I ordered a chicken main dish and it came out looking over presented with lots of fiddly little bits of color on the plate. The chicken was fine...ordinary but fine. The main vegetable was carrots....lots of them and very raw. I told the waiter when he came to take away my plate and after that nobody came near me at all. There was no apology. I practically had to dance on the table to get somebody's attention to get the bill. Needless to say I didn't go back there.

2  Thank PearlPureheart
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Nice restaurant with a good salad buffet and you can also get crocodile steak there which is very delicious. But also the other food is good. Try ist out!