“Awesome experience”

Ground Rush Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ground Rush Adventures / Skydive Swakopmund was founded in 1997 and operates in Swakopmund and surrounding. We work in close harmony with booking agencies, hotels, guest houses and tour operators. We offer Tandem Skydiving as well as courses in Accelerated Freefall and Static Line jumps. Experienced Tandem Masters are always around to attend to the adrenalin seeking tourist. Accelerated Freefall Instructors and Static Line Instructors are always available for coaching or presenting skydiving courses. We are open seven days a week all year round and skydiving happens daily Students and spectators are collected with our courtesy vehicles and brought to the office for paper work, where after they are taken to the Drop Zone which is in the beautiful Namib Desert, adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean for tandem skydiving. After the experience of a lifetime the students are taken back to their accommodation.
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Awesome experience, came with a tour group on a recommendation which didn't fail. Friendly staff, efficient service, views of the desert, beers at the end all add up to a fun time...

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"nerves"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Very confident instructors and staff made me feel at ease and I was quickly into a plane. Nice waiting area with a bar, bathrooms and a nice view

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Good instructions and very nice scenery! Very good place for your first skydive. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Namibia has the cheapest jump in the world, with Namib Desert and Atlantic Ocean the view on the plane was amazing! Ground Rush adventures was professional and kept communicating with us from 8am in the morning as we the weather was foggy. We finally got picked up at 12pm and the jump was briefed very well and was done within two hours. Highly recommend!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Ever since I booked my trip to Namibia I had been trying to convince myself to sky dive. Not liking open air heights and having a not-so-great time in Vietnam abseiling due to this I was struggling to take the leap (excuse the pun!). However, I'm a firm believer that fear is just social conditioning so I took the plunge and booked up - so glad I did!

I've no doubt this wasn't the most exciting dive for these guys (I just wanted to 'do it' the first time, no frills!) but they were not only respectful but also so relaxed about it that you couldn't help but get a sense of 'this'll be fine'. And it was more than fine. Even the part where you actually have to get your feet out of the aeroplane is so well done that you have no opportunity to 'think' and before you know it you're free falling but feeling like you're swimming on a cushion of air with an incomparable adrenaline rush complimented by an amazing view.

All in all with a video package (there are 3 on offer, I chose number 2) I paid the equivilent of £238 and I have not only widened my comfort zone but I have found something else I would gladly do again - and be more adventurous next time!

If you're thinking about this, just do it!