Hotel Deutsches Haus
Swakopmund Hotel(Swakopmund)
Hansa Hotel(Swakopmund)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsspaetzlebest food in townfamily rooms areeisbeinrecommend this hotelwithin walking distancesecure parkingstayed here for three nightsbreakfast is servednamibiacracklingwifiwarmestgermanconferencechannelssafari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent two nights in the hotel and had dinner once in the restaurant. The hotel service is excellent, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are OK.
But the restaurant was a huge disappointment. Again, very friendly service, but the food was terrible. I've had one of the most expensive meals on the menu, the one "that made us famous" (ostrich filet strips). Actually it tasted as if the chef had opened a can and had warmed the contents up. My friends were disappointed of their meals, too. Two years ago - last time I was there - our dinner was really delicious, but this time: sorry folks, no.
Overall: service and staff is far above average in Namibia, but for lunch/dinner you should choose another place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Antje K
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Unfortunately I only had a few days in Swakopmund, to meet the magnificent team from this Hotel. Sometimes they really read my desires from my lips. ;-) The room was always prepared properly and clean. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was always sensational. A large selection of fruits for breakfast. For lunch there was a soup of the day included. The menu has a consistently good quality. My PickUp back to Windhoek was very early. But this Hotel offers breakfast from 5 in the morning. A fast and above all, stable, internet connection on all floors and areas is particularly noteworthy. It's hard to find even in the capital. The owner couple is very welcoming to all guests. Too bad my time was too short. Thanks to the team of Hotel Deutsches Haus. I really enjoyed my stay. Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Upper floor with low hanging ceiling fan.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Frank_Hilsamer
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I've always been a bit worried about German hotels, just kidding. It was great, the place was nice, the restaurant had a great variety of foods and the room was just perfect. The only bad thing was that the rooms were a bit cold but no worries. I highly recomand it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank stefano101
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, it's was ok, big rooms that were clean. However this property is expensive compared to other bed and breakfast options. I would recommend searching on Swakopmund bed and breakfasts outside of Trip Adviser.
My reason for this is that this hotel really could do with a tart up, the rooms are dark and tired, the towels provided were threadbare, the blankets on beds were very old. The bathroom has shower over bath, was clean but again dated.
The restaurant was nice, breakfast was good, and the dinner menu was also good. Service at the restaurant was good too, the girls were nice.

Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited Swakopmund for business in a group of 4 colleagues and were booked at Deutsches Haus and we stayed for 5 nights. The rooms were clean, spaceous and the bed comfortable. the cortesy of the staff and of the couple that owns the hotel made us feel welcome and at home. There is a small restaurante with a variety of dishes and a bar, both with very friendly staff. I definitely will go back to this hotel on my next visit and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business