“It does what it says on the tin.....”
Review of Lighthouse Pub & Restaurant - CLOSED

Lighthouse Pub & Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With excellent views of of the Mole and the main beach, we offer good food at a good price-something for everyone!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Lighthouse Pub and Grill in Swakopmund does exactly what it says on the tin! It serves up burgers, steaks and pizzas in a well drilled format - pick your main offering and add whatever side dishes you fancy. We visited on a Monday evening and they seemed to be struggling a bit in the kitchen even though the place was only a third full. We did have to wait over half an hour for our burgers, fries, salad and excellent coleslaw. It's clearly a popular and buzzy place and sits beneath the shadow of the famous and still active Swakopmund lighthouse and next to the beach. It's the sort of place to go if you just need to eat but aren't overly bothered about the culinary imagination or excellence. It's perfectly fine and clearly popular with families and kids....

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Service is attentive and friendly but when questioning whats on the plate, different story. My girlfriend got a perfectly cooked springbok steak, but my burger turned out underdone. Pointed that out and got the same thing back just heated up. However in the end I got compensated with a new plate of burger with all the extras I could not finish....

Great stuff. Think of it as more of a party place at night thou. Especially when their terrace bar is open!

Boom!!

1  Thank Dubbelnissen
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We were dissapointed that we couldnt order food before 5. The food was quite dissapointing for the time we had to wait. They didnt even serve tartare sauce with the fish

Reviewed May 3, 2014

This restaurant has only just reopened after a period of renovations. I like the location of the restaurant and the layout and feel the outdoor area is a great place for a beer during the day. However, I and others were disappointed with the food, this may of been a teething problem since recently reopening and hopefully it gets better.
Would I go again, yes for a beer, for food I think I'll hold off until the teething period is over.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

we went there to check what has changed after the renovation... and this was the last time I went there. Burgers were not eatable, got wrong side dish, and the stuff was chaotic... it is really a shame that such nice place has got such poor food...

2  Thank Swanthorn