“Awesome German Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Pretoria, South Africa
“Awesome German Food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've had the best Oryx Cordon Blue here. Traditional German food also available and it is top quality. Will definitely go again and can highly recommend. A bit pricey but worth every cent.

Visited December 2013

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Butter, butter and more butter”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Booked this restaurant on the recommendation of the place we are staying in Swakopmund.
Sadly we did not enjoy our experience here at all.
For Starters: Hubby ordered 6 fresh oysters (served on ice) and they were wonderful.
I ordered the trio of 6 oysters: 2 fresh, which were delightful - the other 4 cooked - 2 with garlic and way too much butter and 2 with spinach and way too much cheese.
For Mains: The female server gave the impression she really did not want to be there... and was either unable or unwilling to explain what the catch of the day was.
Despite that I decided to try it - and wish I had not - all I could taste was butter.
The fish flavour was totally lost. It was a HUGE amount of fish (3 pieces), of which I could only manage just 1 piece. The fish was accompanied with boiled potato, again with too much butter. But I preferred the potato to the fish!
My husband ordered sole. Again because of the oily cooking process it was too hard to taste the delicate fish...plus he was given a huge bowl on the side of a buttery sauce - which he did not even touch at all.
Very loud crowd .....a very noisy restaurant .....with lots of smokers (including staff members) puffing away right outside the entry way. Not pleasant at all for non smokers.
To me - not worth the price.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ChevronInParadise
Swakopmund, Namibia
“Delightful experience”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

In this restaurant, when the maitre d' comes round to ask, "Is everything to your liking?" she actually waits for and listens to your answer.
We will definitely return.
The food is beautifully prepared and presented.

• Visited May 2014
Westbury, Wiltshire
“EXCELLENT IN ALL RESPECTS”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I do not usually write restaurant reviews, but this one was so good I felt it necessary to do so.

From the moment one walked in the service was excellent. Staff were plentiful, each its own task and they followed in logical succession. The timing was perfect - one was neither rushed not left waiting - eye contact was easily achieved and was responded to immediately. The menu was extensive, from vegetarian through fist to meat. The dessert menu was less so, bit still had a significant range.

On three occasions we were asked our opinion and on two one really felt that our views were important. The owner and senior manager were both eating there - always a good sign in my opinion - and Pieter (the owner) engaged in a very pleasant exchange. I had lobster soup, followed by an Oryx steak which was succulent, tender and very tasty finished off by a Coup Danmark. Jean had a breaded goats chees with peach ragout, followed by a fish curry. All was washed down by a bottle of white wine and a litre of sparkling water - all for the price of NS650 including tip (approx £36). The venue was European looking, tastefully decorated and clean.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and warmly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
“Dissappointing for New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We had good reviews of the restaurant so booked a day in advance. We were given a horrible table by the kitchen, service was slack but it be fair the restaurant was busy. Not the ideal place for New Year's Eve. Dissapointing!!!

• Visited December 2013