“a fantastic spot”

Forest Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 8 Restaurants in Ifrane
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant- one of the handful in town located in the exact center of downtown.
Casablanca, Morocco
“a fantastic spot”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

first time in ifrane
I had a big doubt to find a very nice restaurant but I found what it calls FOREST RESTAURANT
A very fantastic spot, with real American food
I didn t had a good pizza for a long time
I loved it, so delicious
for sure I ll be back

• Visited February 2014

seattle
“Eating in an ashtray / cendrier”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The coffee is the best if it comes warm. The food is fantastic if you can breathe. However, leave your clothes outside or you will stink like an ashtray for the rest of the day. I know it's hard to find non-smoking places in Morocco, but I they deserve more pride in their food. At least consider the the children...

• Visited January 2014
Ifrane, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, splendid location, and friendly staff”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've lived in Ifrane for years and that restaurant is one of my favorites. The food is not typically Moroccan but rather close to Italian cuisine with Pizzas and diff pasta dishes on offer and they are really really good and tasty. Pastries are really good as well.
The location of the restaurant and its design are what make half of its uniqueness. The staff are very friendly and the service is acceptably good. I say this because sometimes, and especially when the place is so crowded, they kind of lose control and you have no choice but to wait considerable time before you're served.
The one negative point of that place is the smoke inside. It is not a smoke free place and given that it is quite small, it becomes really unbearable sometimes. I wound't advice it for families with kids or for people with sensitivity to passive smoking. However, if the weather is nice and warm enough, the experience outside is a way better and the air is the purest, of course :)

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Leila B
New York City, New York
“Great spot and I'd be happy to return”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Let me qualify my 5 star review: this isn't Paris or NYC but in our experience, this was a great little stop for us -- we visited 3 times on different days and at different times. We had a late lunch/early dinner on a day in which it was packed, a late morning snack on a day on which it was empty and and coffee and pastry another time.

The pastries are homemade and were very good (again, it ain't Paris but way better than the other places we visited in Morocco other than Palais Amani in Fes - see my review) and the coffee and hot chocolate and cappuccino also were very solid. We enjoyed the pizza as did the other diners. I grew up in Brooklyn and live in the NYC area so I'm a tough critic on pizza. Maybe it was the fact that we'd eaten about 50 tajines that week or maybe because we'd just climbed out of the Sahara before getting to that pizza stop, but it was far better than expected.
This was a very good spot and we were very appreciative of Mark Willenbrock, our guide, for having shown it to us. Incidentally, Mark was a terrific guide for Morocco (we mention him in other reviews). Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/MarkWillenbrock & here's his web site: http://www.madaboutmorocco.com

• Visited December 2013
marrakech
“Nice vibe”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Having arrive out of season (Sept) and late in the evening this was one of the few choices we had but it appealed to us immediately. Obviously a hang out for the local students (Ifrane having one of the best Universities in Morocco) it had a vibrant, friendly and modern European athmosphere. The service was a bit slow although that could have been due to us arriving just before closing time. Had we not grabed a waiter and simply waited for them it felt like they would have possibly turned us away. Fantastic sized salads, the pizza and burgers were great. Good prices. Location excellent.

• Visited September 2012