Riad Dar Afram
$176
$168
$151
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $178/night.

Palais des Remparts(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
$58
Villa Maroc(Essaouira)
$159
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroof terracethe ownercommon roomplace to staymemorable staystayed for two nightswelcoming placehot waterthe room was nicecouple of nightsnice breakfastocean viewnice stayhome away from homethe location is perfectfirst floorguitar
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Absolutely top notch!!
I was planning to stay in Essaouira for a few days, and initially booked another Riad online for the first couple of nights.
I met Taz and Abdul at the local tea house, and asked them for pointers in the town.
Fortunately they pointed me to their wonderful Dar Afram. I visited them that evening and was treated to a fabulous show of live music, entertaining chat and a delicious home cooked meal.
I decided to move in the next day, and ended up staying for the best part of 3 weeks.
Abdul and Taz made me feel right at home, and almost one of the family.
I cant wait to return for another few weeks of R&R, creative vibes and fantastic live music every evening!!
One of the best places I've EVER stayed, and I am very well traveled.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jonmad
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We got off the bus in Essaouira having no place to stay. Luckily for us Taz from Riad Dar Afram was there to save the day and brought us to his beautiful Riad. We stayed there for four days soaking up the sun on the roof top gazing out at the sea view. The rooms are tastefully furnished and very clean. The decor throughout the riad is really lovely. The food was great, fresh and nutritious and the company fantastic. Every night the guitar came out and the singing went on into the small hours. If you want a home from home with two wonderful hosts Taz and Abe don't miss the Dar Afram experience. Thanks guys :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sara w
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I absolutely loved my stay at Dar Afram - great hospitality, nice people, very good breakfast (especially when you carry your tray all the way up to the roof terrace!) and the music never seems to stop at this place!
Although Essaouira is anyways not big and distances are close from almost all places, the neighbourhood is really nice and definitely another plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelLin1107
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a week here in late september and we really enjoyed it. Lovely musical vibes, really nice social dinners with great hosts, a sweet roof terrace and soon to be roof bar/bbq experience. I would most definitely return! Abdul's & Taz's hospitality was second to none and they really like to have a jam on the guitars, inviting everyone to get involved! Loved it! Tnx guys.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Slept here for 5 days during our stay in Essaouira. We were doing a fairly low-budget trip and slept in hostels and cheap hotels and this was surely one of the best value for money I've ever had! This is not the most important thing though because its a great place to stay without looking at the price. The young australian/maroccan guy running it is an extremely chilled and friendly guy that is willing to help you with anything you ask. In the evening there is the option to eat in the common room together with any other guests that have decided to try the exquisite cooking of two lovely ladies, and exquisite it was! The roof-terrace is also great; breakfast in the morning sun and a drink overlooking the sunset. We were in a different place the first couple of nights in Essaouira and I'd recommend anyone going to Essaouira to check out Dar Afram!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends