All reviews yogurt noisy at night no elevator the ground floor great location in the medina moroccan style wifi connection double bed beautiful riad stayed longer heart morocco roof terrace souk loft raid
Selected filters
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Was a fantastic experience staying at Maison du Sud. The staff were polite and very helpful always; the hotel and rooms were comfortable and filled with character. Breakfasts was a great experience sitting amongst the plans int he central courtyards. Our rooms were off the rooftop terrace. Definitely recommend requesting these in winter months. The sun streams in in the morning. Great view from the roof also.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This is a great place to stay - right in the middle of the medina but very quiet. The room was lovely, with a split level sleeping arrangement and the most comfortable beds we experienced in Morocco. The staff was friendly and attentive. Unfortunately the bathroom was terrible - the shower routinely flooded the entire bathroom and the flood even rolled out the bathroom door and into the sleeping area. There were also sharp protruding nails sticking up from the tiles of the bathroom entry. We did advise the manager of these problems and presume they are now taken care of. All in all, we'd still rate this riad excellent.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The hotel is an oasis in the bustle of the Medina. Wonderful service from all the staff and great food. The traditional feel and look is impressive with cozy nooks to sit and rest in. Felt like a home and not a hotel. I strongly advise anyone who is travelling to the area to stay here as Brahim and his team will take good care of you.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Spent 3 days with my wife, kids and in laws.could not be happier. The rooms are simple and extremely authentic. The breakfast was lovely and staff is great!!!!!

Reviewed December 20, 2010

From the moment I spotted the sign from down the street I liked it
But from the time I entered the front door until I lay down on my Cosy bed my mouth was open wowing at every lovely detail of the place. Maison de Sud was such a treat by far the nicest and most authentic place we stayed in during our 7 nights in Morocco. I only wish we had been there for more than one night. Thank you Said for being a lovely host providing us with such a delightful inn in Beautiful Essouira. From an Irish Inn Keeper!