We were very impressed with this gorgeous place, overall. The dramatic entrance into a courtyard of palm trees looks very impressive at night when lit in colors. The staff is friendly and helpful (though most of them don't speak English well) and the breakfast spread is delicious and never-ending (try the different jams). The pool deck is also a wonderful space to lounge and relax. Our tapas in the bar were also delicious. Although we didn't eat at the restaurant, a local chef from Lyon told us it's her favorite restaurant in town.
The bedrooms are gorgeous but the only windows face the courtyard -- at least in the regular rooms. As a result they are a little dark. Since breakfast is served in the courtyard I worried it would be loud in the morning, with the sound of plates and diners echoing, but it was surprisingly quiet. However, one night some rude guests stayed up late in the courtyard yelling and laughing and they caused quite a noise. That was the only noise problem in our six days here.
However, as it is a member of the Relais & Chateaux group, we expected a little bit more attention to detail. No mini fridge in the rooms, for example. One hook and one towel bar per bathroom makes it hard for 2 people to share. No wash cloths. And they charge for water without any notification. That seemed cheap since we can't drink the water.
But the friendly staff and relaxing experience in such a gorgeous property make this a super fine place to spend vacation.
One more thing: we chose this hotel because it's cat-free, unlike many Riads where cats come and go. One member of our party is allergic so if you have that issue this is definitely allergy free!
Location at edge of Medina also provides easy access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece of the Essaouira medina...this palace of marvels lies in the heart of this town loved by artists and aventurers alike. The panoramic outdoor pool on the terrasse overlopks the medina and the ocean. the cuisine offers a subtle blend of french and Moroccan influences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your L'Heure Bleue Palais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Heure Bleue Palais And Spa
- l`Heure Bleue Palais Hotel Essaouira
- l Heure Bleue Palais Essaouira