L'Heure Bleue Palais
Madada Mogador(Essaouira)
$116
$97
  • Breakfast included
Palais des Remparts(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
$57
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Riad Perle d'Eau(Essaouira)
$85
$83
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Riad Watier(Essaouira)
Hotels.com
$132
$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$215
$201
Priceline
All reviewsrooftop poolcentral courtyardbilliard roomold palaceblue doorbeautiful hotelpeaceful oasisupgraded to a suitebustling medinasqueezed orange juiceluxury hotelhotel restaurantwithin the wallsmedina wallsthe location is perfectfresh fruitsitting area
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the hotel recently. After a drive from Marrakech we were warmly greeted by the manager and relaxed with hot towels and snacks. After a short hotel tour we were shown our room. I was travelling with my father and the room was just what we required. Individually decorated and well appointed, the room was comfortable and spacious. The towels were particularly memorable.(A small point). All the staff we met were welcoming and the food was full of flavour. The chef even came to greet us one evening! A final point, the views from the roof top terrace are wonderful. A great place to stay to explore and relax at the end of the day.

Stayed: January 2013
f_laustriat, General Manager at L'Heure Bleue Palais, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comment, the whole team Heure Bleue awaits you in YOUR home for a new moment of happiness!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed for a week this year after a three day stay last year which just made want to stay longer. From the moment that we were greeted by Khalid as we arrived when we arrived we felt as if we were somewhere special. François and all the team make what they offer seem effortless. Charming and friendly and with an attention to detail. If we expressed our appreciation to the lovely staff they might very well say, "This is your house". And it really does feel like that when you are there. Everyone was so helpful and kind it difficult to single anyone out that it really was delightful to go off on to the beautiful roof terrace to be greeted by a smiling Hicham who would lay out cushions and towels. The next thing that might happen would be that he might come round with little breadfruit coverups. Then you could order a lovely lunch. Breakfast is gorgeous, the room are lovely but really if staff that make this hotel so wonderful. We arelooking forward to returning next year. The only trouble is that I week doesn't seem long enough. It's very hard to leave.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I don't know what to say as speechless does not cover it. As soon as we arrived at the Riad my first word was WOW and wow it is. Within minutes of arriving the GM - Francois was personally greeting us. I have never sat and watched such a pro active General Manager he was brilliant and so were his team of staff - they really are a team! You may have read my hubbies write up already as I arrived in plaster and on crutches as the night before I broke my ankle in Marrakesh and our local guide had rung them and they were waiting to greet us with a wheelchair. Two of them picked me up and carried me up the stairs at the entrance like they were training for The World's Strongest Man and they helped us constantly for the 4 days we were there. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Lifts or doors opened as you approached. Cushions fluffed before you sat. Not a speck of dust anywhere - spotless! Breakfast was totally super every day with one of the biggest buffets I have ever seen with a good range of food and even locally sourced fresh salmon which complimented my scrambled eggs perfectly! Everywhere you turned there was something else to photograph. The roof terrace was amazing to and the food up there along with the service was great. We had 2 meals in the main restaurant which I think were expensive (£70+) for each meal for both of us with wine but what we had was darn good food. They started setting up the lights ready for the New Year's Eve bash which was when we left to come home and boy oh boy do I wish we could have stayed despite my wish to come home since my accident. I will be going back to do Essaouria on 2 feet as I missed so much. I will remember L'heure Bleue for 2 reasons and in this order - Francois and his staff 1st and the sheer beauty of the Riad 2nd. Those famous words - I'll be back! BIG thanks to Mamadou and Librasse, but every single member of staff was brilliant, a credit to Francois.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
f_laustriat, General Manager at L'Heure Bleue Palais, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you 1000 times for your enthusiast message. My entire team has done its utmost to help you forget your accident and we are pleased to have brought happiness despite your passenger handicap!
We hope to see you soon and in perfect health!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A huge thank you to Francois and his excellent team for a fantastic stay. My wife and I were booked in for four nights. My wife had broken her ankle in Marrakesh the day before we arrived and the room we were to be in only had a bath, seeing that this would be impossible to navigate whilst in plaster we were very graciously given a suite with a walk in shower. The room was fantastic, complete with a fire place which on one evening was very useful, a man with a stack of logs popped up within minutes of asking and a roaring fire was on the go. The room was very quiet for three days then the room above was occupied and the noise from above travelled through the ceiling. The public areas of the Riad are fantastic, with superb internal views from every angle. The roof terrace and pool are a great bonus although the pool was a little too cool for my liking, but hey it was December. Breakfast was really very good, with more than enough variety to satisfy even the choosiest of people. The food on the roof terrace was superb as was the bar menu. Dining in the main restaurant was a bit pricey but nice, not quite Claridges but nice all the same. The big draw to the Riad though are the staff, they really are keen to impress and impress they do, even supplying us with a wheelchair so that my wife could get around. Special thanks to (sorry if they are misspelled ) Mamadou and Librasse , but all the staff were brilliant. We will be returning so my wife can see Essaouira on foot and I can get a break from pushing a wheelchair, once again thank you very much.

Room Tip: room 29 was great, turn up with a broken ankle to get an upgrade ;o) just kidding
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
f_laustriat, General Manager at L'Heure Bleue Palais, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

We are glad that you are home safe, Thank you for your nice comments and feedback, our team is happy to know that you had a nice stay at Heure Bleue Palais.
We wish a quick reestablishment to your wife and hope to having you soon among us.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We loved our 2 night stay here, and would love to return for a longer stay next time.
Staff were really helpful, interiors were well-designed, and we liked the attention to detail and service in the rooms.
We enjoyed relaxing on the roof terrace and watching the sunsets from here.
The breakfasts we had were amazing! We've had to do a lot of surfing since to burn those off!
We stayed here on a Mr and Mrs Smith deal, so for us, the hotel was excellent value as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
f_laustriat, General Manager at L'Heure Bleue Palais, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our facilities and service. It is a great pleasure to share your comments with our team. I look forward welcoming you once more to the Heure Bleue