I don't know what to say as speechless does not cover it. As soon as we arrived at the Riad my first word was WOW and wow it is. Within minutes of arriving the GM - Francois was personally greeting us. I have never sat and watched such a pro active General Manager he was brilliant and so were his team of staff - they really are a team! You may have read my hubbies write up already as I arrived in plaster and on crutches as the night before I broke my ankle in Marrakesh and our local guide had rung them and they were waiting to greet us with a wheelchair. Two of them picked me up and carried me up the stairs at the entrance like they were training for The World's Strongest Man and they helped us constantly for the 4 days we were there. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Lifts or doors opened as you approached. Cushions fluffed before you sat. Not a speck of dust anywhere - spotless! Breakfast was totally super every day with one of the biggest buffets I have ever seen with a good range of food and even locally sourced fresh salmon which complimented my scrambled eggs perfectly! Everywhere you turned there was something else to photograph. The roof terrace was amazing to and the food up there along with the service was great. We had 2 meals in the main restaurant which I think were expensive (£70+) for each meal for both of us with wine but what we had was darn good food. They started setting up the lights ready for the New Year's Eve bash which was when we left to come home and boy oh boy do I wish we could have stayed despite my wish to come home since my accident. I will be going back to do Essaouria on 2 feet as I missed so much. I will remember L'heure Bleue for 2 reasons and in this order - Francois and his staff 1st and the sheer beauty of the Riad 2nd. Those famous words - I'll be back! BIG thanks to Mamadou and Librasse, but every single member of staff was brilliant, a credit to Francois.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece of the Essaouira medina...this palace of marvels lies in the heart of this town loved by artists and aventurers alike. The panoramic outdoor pool on the terrasse overlopks the medina and the ocean. the cuisine offers a subtle blend of french and Moroccan influences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Heure Bleue Palais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Heure Bleue Palais And Spa
- l`Heure Bleue Palais Hotel Essaouira
- l Heure Bleue Palais Essaouira