We have just returned from a week at the Riad Zahra and really enjoyed our stay.
The Riad staff are very welcoming, a special mention to Jeffrey, who always had a smile on his face and was eager to please. The food in the upstairs restaurant is amazing, the chef is a great chef with a fab sense of humour. The food in the downstairs restaurant, could've been better. Breakfast was ok but the same thing every day got a bit much, could've done with an option and maybe some fruit. The tables were set up with the food ready for people to come to breakfast and the flies got there before the clientele each time as food was left uncovered. Was a bit unclean too, we ate downstairs one evening and there were still crumbs left on the seats and floor from breakfast.
The rooms were very dark and in need of a bit of a spruce up and the beds were too hard and uncomfortable. As no air conditioning became very hot too, struggled with keeping windows open because of the Mosquitos. Had a couple of cockroaches too.
Essaouira Medina is a good place for a wander and food and we felt quite safe there and unhassled by the locals. In all it was a good trip.
The Riad itself was lovely on the inside and if these things could be rectified, I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just two minutes' walk from the beach and 20 minutes from the Medina and souks, you'll find this family run Riad with its 23 bedrooms has everything you need for a delightful holiday as a family, a couple or with friends. Riad Zahra is in the residential quarter of Essaouira. All its comfortable bedrooms are decorated in traditional Moroccan style and have en suite bath rooms, satellite TV and Wifi. There are family sized rooms, others have balconies and some enjoy a sea view. And you'll enjoy meals in our two restaurants whose great range of Moroccan, Asian and Spanish dishes is enhanced by a wide choice of the Kingdom's wines. Open air swimming pool, terraces and parking. We'll happily help you organize your stay and can recommend places to visit, restaurants, surfing and kitesurf schools, rides on horse or camels, transfers from airports, vehicle hire ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Riad Zahra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Zahra Mogador Essaouira
- Riad Zahra Mogador Hotel Essaouira